Our clients are a high-quality law firm with an excellent reputation. They currently have a vacancy for a Conveyancing Assistant/Secretary in their Exmouth office. Hours are 9.00 am to 5.00 pm with one hour for lunch on a Monday to Friday inclusive. They are looking for an organised individual with previous legal and conveyancing experience, confident managing a busy workload in a fast-paced environment with the ability to use own initiative and work well under pressure.
The successful candidate will need to be able to:
· Assist in the progression of a conveyancing transaction to include:
· Exchanging contracts and dealing with completions; Preparation of contracts, transfers, trust deeds and correspondence; Dealing with completion statements; Raising solicitors’ invoices; Drawing up contracts; Taking instructions from and liaising with clients; Undertake on-line searches; and Complete Land Registry and SDLT forms on-line
· Provide secretarial assistance to residential conveyancing lawyers based in the Exmouth office
· Participate in rotas for the purposes of Reception cover
· Deal with telephone calls in a confident manner providing clear, accurate and up to date information
· Produce documents using the firm’s case management software
· Demonstrate good administrative skills with good attention to detail
· Demonstrate good organisation skills
· Demonstrate effective communication skills, both written and spoken
· Cope well under pressure, with an ability to work flexibly and cope with changing priorities
· Take a positive and proactive approach to work, anticipating and meeting the needs of the department
· Be receptive to receiving and acting on instructions given by immediate supervisor
· Be competent in using Word and other Microsoft Products (Outlook and Powerpoint)
This is an excellent opportunity to become an integral member of their Exmouth office and to thrive in a professional and friendly environment.