My client has an exciting new oppening for their next conveyancing assistant to join their family feel team. Do you feel you are the right candidate for the role?
Please review the job in detail below and apply via the link provided. We look forward to hearing from you.
Days/ hours of work- Monday to Friday, 9am- 5pm
Department- Conveyancing Department
Reports to- Conveyancing Executives and Team Leaders
Salary- £18,000- £25,000
A person with an interest in the legal sector, who has studied or has work experience in law, with particular focus on Conveyancing.
The successful candidate will be confident in time management, organisation and prioritising in relation to all files. Confidently meeting deadlines and keeping files in an auditable state.
Strong communication skills across all channels with developers, solicitors, lenders, clients and colleagues as part of daily operations, ensuring the company values and culture is supported and are policy and process compliant.
* support in designated sites from instruction to completion;
* support in the reading and compiling notes whilst also revealing and raising queries and enquirers on all site information and searches;
* daily communication with onsite sales negotiators to identify targeted exchanges,
* give regular updates to onsite sales negotiators with the progressing of plots;
* taking instructions from clients;
* Raising client enquiries with solicitors for developers;
* Ensuring Help to Buy requirements are met;
* sending terms and conditions of business and estimates of fees and disbursements;
* carrying out all electronic ID checks of clients;
* carry out OS2 and Bankruptcy searches and ensuring these remain in date;
* Issuing contracts and dealing with any related sale or part exchange enquiries;
* collating and sending or checking supporting documents;
* support in exchanging contracts and completing the transaction;
* support in dealing with all financial aspects of a transaction; including checking and signing off proof of funds.
* Support in carrying out and checking pre-contract searches by checking whether the property is affected by local authority proposals, leases, easements or covenants, mortgages, land tax, susceptibility to flooding or subsidence, or liability for unsound building structures and repairs;
* receiving and checking mortgage instructions from lenders and undertaking specific tasks required;
* support in preparing transfer and mortgage deeds;
* regular communication with the accounts department to ensure the receiving of mortgage and client funds within 24hrs of completion;
* support in ensuring the site master file kept up to date with the latest information;
* supporting with associated transactions e.g. PX files, sale files and Remortgages.
* Supporting in carrying out and checking pre-contract searches by checking whether the property is affected by local authority proposals, leases, easements or covenants, mortgages, land tax, susceptibility to flooding or subsidence, or liability for unsound building structures and repairs;
* Supporting in receiving and checking mortgage instructions from lenders and undertaking specific tasks required;
Incredible benefits and a super supportive environment.
* Must have experience in the legal sector, through studying and/ or work experience, in the subject of Conveyancing
* Must have strong communication skills and confidence in using computer programs and applications
Please contact Connor Franks, Recruitment Consultant, to discuss the role in more detail or apply through the vacancy for immediate consideration.
Douglas Scott are a legal recruitment expert and the UK's leading law firms trust us with their legal vacancies. You can therefore apply for our London legal jobs with confidence. We are a regulated recruitment consultancy and will discuss this role and seek your approval before submitting an application directly to the decision maker.