Jackson Lees Group are looking for a Conveyancing Assistant to join their Residential Property team in Heswall. If you have experience in this area we would love to hear from you.
Overall purpose: To provide first rate support to the Team Leader and the Head of Department, a professional, responsive and high quality of service to our clients, ensuring full compliance with policies and procedures laid out by the Firm and by regulatory bodies. To act as an ambassador for the Firm at all times, actively promoting its services.
- To maintain up-to-date filing systems to allow the team to find and use documents easily and efficiently and also assist generally with document management;
- To understand and use the firm’s technology effectively, and to participate in appropriate training to develop skills further or to adopt new systems;
- To acquire a thorough knowledge of the workings of the firm in order to make effective use of all support departments;
- To arrange meetings and help the team prepare for meetings;
- To be actively helpful to all new recruits in the group with any queries they may have;
- To respect confidentiality at all times;
- To perform any other duties as requested by the team leader or management staff.
- To act on own initiative routinely;
- To assist the team by preparing routine documents or basic legal documents for fee earner approval;
- To handle clients and others;
- To assist fee earners by providing an element of chargeable legal services;
- To have a degree of responsibility and decision making;
- To supervise trainee staff.
- To assist on cases by carrying out research, drafting documentation, liaising with clients and third parties and providing first rate legal advice to clients;
- To ensure that the firm’s policies and procedures and those laid out by regulatory bodies such as the Solicitors Regulation Authority are complied with fully at all times;
- To actively promote the firm and all its service in order to attract new business;
- To nurture relationships with existing clients in order to maintain and develop work;
- To contribute towards the effective management of risk by carrying out regular risk assessments on all matters, efficient file management and by providing excellent client care;
- To actively participate in team meetings, suggesting improvements to our services where appropriate;
- To actively assist other members of the department where appropriate, notably in providing cover for holidays etc.
- To endeavour to improve knowledge and skills where appropriate;
- To keep accurate and up to date records of time, money, bills etc.
- To disclose any claims and complaints or potential complaints promptly.