£17,500 - £22,000
, Monday to Friday
One of the largest firms in the Ipswich area are looking for a conveyancing assistant to join their expanding team. With an experienced team already in place, you will be joining a department with excellent prospects for progression and development in a great working environment. Candidates with experience in conveyancing are welcomed to apply.
* Take instructions or messages from clients and pass on to fee earner
* To prepare and monitor action plans/timetables
* To maintain an efficient diary system using Outlook/Peppermint highlighting milestone dates on each matter
* To effectively use bring forward system in Peppermint
* To ensure all letters and communication are completed accurately and on time
* To maintain filing system in an orderly manner to ensure correct conduct for client files
* To ensure all files are opened and closed correctly
* To assist with the maintenance of each client file in a proper manner in accordance with the requirements of the Firm and Law Society
* To arrange appointments and interview clients and others as appropriate using Outlook
* To maintain each client file with a copy of typed documentation in a proper manner in accordance with the requirements of the firm and the Law Society.
* To chase/liaise with clients and other parties such as Estate Agents for key information for file matter
* To effectively build relationships with clients and other parties such as Estate Agents
* Complete and follow up all documents in relation to accounts, cheque requisitions and banking for client matters
* To prepare forms and paperwork necessary for client files
* To carry out additional duties to assist the department including business development and marketing initiatives
* To comply with Firms policies and procedures as laid out on the Firms intranet
Interviews are taking place immediately, and applicants are encouraged to send their CV over to be considered for the Residential Conveyancing Assistant role
Please contact Andrew Canning, Legal Recruitment Consultant, to discuss the role in more detail or apply through the vacancy for immediate consideration.
Douglas Scott are the Legal Recruitment experts and the UK's leading law firms trust us with their legal vacancies. You can therefore apply for our Midlands based legal jobs with confidence, we are a regulated employment agency and will discuss this role with you and seek your approval before submitting your application directly to the decision maker.