Conveyancing Assistant- Cathedral Appointments have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Conveyancing Assistant to join our client’s friendly office based in Taunton. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 12 months’ Conveyancing experience.
Responsibilities of a Conveyancing Assistant will include, but are not limited to:
· You will be required to undertake on-line searches
· Complete Land Registry and SDLT forms on-line
· Assist in the progression of a conveyancing transaction to include: exchanging contracts and dealing with completions; preparation of contracts, transfers, trust deeds and correspondence; dealing with completion statements; raising solicitors invoices; drawing up contracts; taking instructions from and liaising with clients
· You will be able to deal with telephone calls in a confident manner providing clear, accurate and up to date information
· You will also produce documents using the firm’s case management software
Background/Skills of a Conveyancing Assistant:
· A minimum of 12 months’ experience as a Conveyancing Assistant or Legal Secretary within Property
· Audio/Copy typing experience, ideally with speeds of 60wpm plus
· You will have excellent administrative skills with good attention to detail and you will be highly organised
· You will be able to demonstrate effective communication skills, both written and spoken
· You will cope well under pressure, with an ability to work flexibly and cope with changing priorities
· You will take a positive and proactive approach to work, anticipating and meeting the needs of the department
If you are an experienced Conveyancing Assistant or Legal Secretary and you are looking to work for a firm where you will be valued and made to feel part of the team, then this could be the perfect opportunity for you! On offer is a competitive starting salary, excellent benefits and a friendly working environment. Please contact Sophia Damshenas for further information.
Please note, Cathedral Appointments are acting as a recruitment agency in relation to the above role.
Key Words: Conveyancing Assistant, Residential Conveyancing, Residential Property, Property, Legal Secretary, Conveyancer, Conveyancing, Legal, Secretary, SDLT, Online Searches, Land Registry, Law Firm, Audio Typing, Law, Jobs in Taunton, Somerset Jobs, Taunton Jobs, Jobs in Somerset