A Conveyancing Assistant is sought b this regional law firm to work in the Honiton office in the residential conveyancing department.
You will have previous conveyancing experience and be organised and confident of managing a busy workload in a fast paced environment. You will have the ability to use your own initiative and work well under pressure.
You should be able to:
- Undertake on-line searches;
- Complete Land Registry and SDLT forms online;
- Assist in the progression of a conveyancing transactions;
- Exchanging contracts and dealing with completions;
- Preparation of contracts, transfers, trust deeds and letters;
- Dealing with completion statements;
- Raising solicitors invoices;
- Taking instruction from and liaising with clients.
You should also be able to:
- Deal with telephone calls in a confident manner providing clear, accurate and up to date information;
- Produce documents using the firm’s case management software;
- Demonstrate good admin skills with good attention to detail;
- demonstrate effective communication skills both written and spoken;
- Have the ability to work flexibly and cope with changing priorities;
- Take a positive and proactive approach to work anticipating and meeting the needs of the department;
- Be receptive to receiving and acting on instructions given by immediate supervisor;
- Be competent in using Word and other MS Office such as Outlook and Powerpoint.
This is a full time permanent role 35 hours per week and is an excellent opportunity to become an integral member of the residential conveyancing team and thrive in a professional and friendly working environment.