11 months ago
The Property group are looking for a Residential Conveyancer to join our Plots and Residential Conveyancing team. This is a new role to join the busy team, this role focuses primarily on the residential conveyancing side of the business, but will be expected to have the knowledge and experience to effectively cover the new build plot sales side of the team during periods of holiday.
Experience / Attributes required:
* Must hold a suitable relevant qualification (Licensed Conveyancer or Legal Executive) or have significant work based experience to demonstrate technical and academic competence.
* A dynamic but affable, tough but pleasant, presentable person who is a committed team player.
* Must be able to work to tight timetables and be used to pressure, for example end of half year and year deadlines for developers. Experience of handling significant volumes of transactions is essential.
* In excess of 5 years experience in residential and new homes work.
* Commitment to production of high quality accurate and complete documents and letters.
* Able to adhere to deadlines.
* First class communicator both written and verbal, and excellent client handling and service skills.
* Needs to be a team player keen to be part of the wider development team.
* Must be willing to assist in building new business relationships and promote both the team’s services and the firm’s broader legal services to developers, agents and others.
* Needs to have the confidence to be able to deal with high value properties, high net worth individuals and their advisers.
* Needs to have a current driving licence and to live within easy commuting distance of Reading.
* Experience of part exchange property transactions, ability to identify all potential enquiries and provide solutions to all potential problems which might which might prevent a quick re-sale.
* Experience of developer and Government sponsored house purchase incentive schemes.
* Experience in preparation of reviewing and updating modern residential leases, complex transfers including rent charge transfers, packages for sale.
* Experience of working with case management systems.
* Needs to have a residential conveyancer’s knowledge of planning and a development conveyancer’s knowledge of planning as it relates to sites, i.e. s106s and in addition needs to know sufficient about s38, s104 agreements and other site infrastructure issues to be able to examine and approve a plot package.
* Familiarity with set-up of sales packs and standard documents for new homes disposals.
* Willingness to adapt and contribute new ideas to the work of the team.
* Needs to have sufficient understanding of internet based service delivery and other means of e-business to work with professional IT staff in using such technology to improve efficiency and client service.