4 months ago
Conveyancer / Conveyancing Solicitor
Bailhache Solicitors, an accredited member of the Law Society's Conveyancing Quality Scheme (CQS)
Conveyancer or Conveyancing Solicitor
You will be an experienced conveyancer, with the ability to deliver targets. Acting as principal case handler of all transactions allocated, you will be expected to deliver the highest possible legal and service standards. You will be expected to maximise profit for the company, and to engage in the management process and support the firms marketing campaigns; to build relationships with the firms introducers and clients and to encourage the referral of further business to the firm. We expect our staff to lead by example, and to work with the firm to embrace new technology and changes in the way that conveyancing services are delivered
Role Specific Requirements
• To provide a friendly, knowledgeable, proactive and professional service to our clients
• To ensure caseload is accurately and efficiently processed, and all targets met within the allocated working week
• The provision of expert legal advice in relation to residential conveyancing matters
• Ensure compliance with Service Level Agreements agreed by the firm from time to time with various introducers and SRA requirements and to ensure that your team is made aware of the Service Level Agreements and that they are adhered to at all times.
• To assist the Compliance Officer as required
• To keep up to date with changes in the law, develop existing skills and improve knowledge of self and other members of the team
• Drafting and approving complex legal documents and correspondence
• To take clear and precise instructions, maintain records and progress transactions actively
• Conduct legal research and give appropriate advice.
• To protect the firm against service complaints and allegations of negligence by ensuring that all service and all advice is to the highest quality
• To effectively maintain and housekeep case management system reflecting the stage of the file, including accurate use of database, internal and external note screens, schedule and history and ensure that any team members use the case management system in accordance with the firms procedures as relayed from time to time by the managers or directors
• To maintain the file ledger correctly at all times ensuring the matter is nil balanced as soon as possible following completion
• To ensue all telephone calls are dealt with/responded to within 2 hours of receipt or in accordance with service level agreement in place at that time and ensure accurate notes are made on the case management system
• All written communication to be clear and concise, to include post and emails
• To ensure that all files are kept in good and tidy order and that all filing is kept up to date
• To ensure that all team members comply with the firms requirements for file opening and closing procedures
• to identify training needs of the team as and when required
• To ensure that all post completion matters are dealt with in a timely manner so that lender and client interests are protected. Ensure at all times that priority searches are valid and in date.
• To ensure the preparation of financial documentation is accurate, to include the statement of account and all finance paperwork.
• To meet all deadlines within the specified timeframes.
• To develop the practice of the firm by maintaining high standards of delivery and actively promoting all services wherever possible
• To possess a flexible approach in providing support to other teams dependant upon capacity, as required
• To ensure compliance with Continuous Professional Development requirements appropriate to qualifications
This is a description of the job as it is presently constructed. This will be reviewed periodically and updated to ensure that the job description fully reflects the responsibilities of the job. Health and Safety Statement All employees must observe and comply with bpl’s Policies and Procedures for Health and Safety. Equal Opportunity Statement All employees must observe and continually promote equal opportunities and customer care
• Self motivated and able to organise own work with minimum supervision.
• Copes effectively in demanding circumstances.
• Good time management, adopting a flexible approach to work.
• Demonstrates persistence and commitment to completing tasks and objectives.
• Delivers work output to the required standard.
• Pays attention to detail and quality of work.
• Demonstrates a commitment to improving working practices and supports company plans and policies.
Working with People
• Ability to build and maintain working relationships with others and is seen as ‘approachable’.
• Operates effectively as part of a team.
• Willing to offer help to all colleagues to ensure the success of the firm.
• Demonstrates sound judgment and good decision making when dealing with problems.
• Able to identify a problem arising and can develop a solution or take the correct course of action.
• Knows when to seek guidance or further input from others before taking action.
• Checks that information is accurate and complete.
• Looks for new solutions to problems as well as tried and tested methods.
• Able to express oneself both orally and in writing in a clear and constructive way.
• Willing to ask questions, listen to others views and accept advice.
• Willing to contribute ideas and seek improvements.
• Polite and courteous both by telephone and face to face.
• Computer literate with good keyboard skills and a working knowledge of using software packages. Use of case management system an advantage but not essential as training will be provided
• Recent practical experience of using word processing packages (preferably Microsoft Word).
• RSA Stage 2 Typing (50 words per minute copy typing).
• Recent practical experience of working in an office environment.
• Practical experience of handling client enquiries both by telephone and face to face.
• Working knowledge of using photocopiers, fax machines.
we will consider applicants working towards qualification or newly qualified with the correct working background and experience within conveyancing, this is a chance for you to develop your skill and experience, developing your contacts.
Please send you CV and covering letter to: