8 months ago
About the role
As part of PwC’s Technology Consulting practice, we have the privilege of acting as trusted advisors to a diverse and expansive client base, spanning multiple geographies and industries. This means that we have a real opportunity to enhance and refine our clients’ businesses through the use of ever evolving technology. Of course, this will only be possible if we have the right people, with the right skills and the ability to push the boundaries of how new technologies can support future business models. That’s where you come in.
You will be working with thought leaders combining deep industry expertise with a passion for Oracle and technology. Our team is made up of experts like you, focussed on Oracle technologies. As a consultant, you will blend technical skills with creativity to develop ideas into solutions. Through our industry leading methodologies you will work closely with our clients to transform their business.
As you grow as a consultant in PwC you will be expected to perform additional responsibilities such as; supporting proposals, business case development, requirements gathering, workshop delivery, business process design, functional and technical design, vendor selection, systems build, test and deploy, stakeholder management, change management, people/line management.
The role will specifically be responsible to:
* Lead the design, development and implementation of programs/projects and IT solutions to meet the client/account needs
* Interact with and influence project teams and clients at senior manager level
* Act as a technical or project lead
* Engage in peer-to-peer dialogue with clients about their industry and their situation
* Understand how to construct and gain agreement for business cases including selecting appropriate tools to develop and validate them
* Propose solutions, addressing client business issues and objectives
* Apply strong business skills and methodologies to interpret data and deliver solutions to clients
* Conduct technical discovery sessions with prospects and customers
* Help with development of internal and customer facing documentation
Whether you engage with our clients as an advisor, reviewer or resource on an Oracle project, you will strive to deliver quality, value and satisfaction to our clients.
* Opportunity for working from home? (Limited)
* Amount of time client based (At least 80%)
* Opportunity for job sharing? (No)
* Need to travel/overnight stays away from home (Yes)
* Opportunity for flexible working (hours)? (Yes)
* Amount of time PwC office based (20%)
The following skills are required for this role:
* Experience in leading Oracle systems delivery including analysis, design, implementation, testing and support
* Track record of design and delivery of integrated IT solutions
* Demonstrable knowledge and experience of solution/system architecture roles across all phases of the development lifecycle
* Experience of Chart of Accounts design
* Experience of multinational implementations
* Knowledge of a wide range of Oracle applications and with experience of their integration and configuration
* Demonstrable knowledge of, and experience with, systems integration methods and technologies
* Ability to give advice and guidance on approach to design of systems architectures
* Ability to articulate technical concepts in a concise, precise and easy-to-understand fashion
* Ability to lead the definition and resolution of Key Design Decisions
* Understanding of integration APIs
* Coaching more junior technical staff in application architecture and functional design
* Accountancy qualification
Belfast, Leeds, London, Manchester
In Consulting we deliver practical, far-sighted advice that gets straight to the heart of clients’ business issues and delivers amazing results by helping our clients improve the way they operate, reduce costs, manage risks, leverage talent or fundamentally change the way they do business, the work you do will be all about helping organisations of all shapes and sizes work smarter and grow faster. You could find yourself working with household names in a diverse range of industries – everyone from big-name broadcasters and high-street banks to multinational telecoms operators and energy companies.
The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, ‘The PwC Professional’ and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool, as well as those who reflect the diverse nature of our society. And we aim to encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths. Creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business and as an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we're open to flexible working arrangements where appropriate.