Non-contentious Construction Senior Associate - Leeds
A highly-regarded international firm is looking for an experienced Construction Solicitor to strengthen their offering in Leeds. This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious lawyer with 4+ PQE to join one of the largest law practices across the globe and play a part in some of the most exciting and innovative projects worldwide.
The firm is well regarded internationally and consistently ranked highly in all legal directories. The construction and engineering team are acknowledged experts when it comes to large scale projects, disputes avoidance and management. The team act for governments, public bodies, major multinational, national and international corporations and contractors, with most matters of a significant and complex nature.
This technically challenging role will see the successful candidate play a key part in:
· Acting for a wide range of national and international clients, with a particular focus on the Energy and Infrastructure sectors as well as the traditional built environment.
· Providing strategic and commercial legal advice on major energy, infrastructure and development projects.
· Handling your own matters and providing support and guidance to more junior lawyers within the team.
· Taking a proactive lead in business development and contributing to the strategic direction of the team.
· Working with your colleagues across the national/international team and wider practice and product groups across the firm to help develop growth areas for the team.
· 4+pqe in non-contentious or a mix of contentious and non-contentious construction law.
· Strong technical skills gained through working on high value construction and engineering transactions and contracts (particularly infrastructure projects), with the ability to understand complex legal arguments and subtle interpretation differences and to explain the law clearly and concisely.
· Projects and contracts pertaining to the following are highly favourable: Standard forms including FIDIC, NEC, iChemE; Framework Agreements.
· Excellent communication skills, the ability to build rapport with clients and a dedication to providing a first rate client service both internally and externally.
· A "can do" attitude, one team ethos and willingness to go the extra mile to ensure client needs are met.
· A highly organised and strong practical approach with the ability to follow procedures, meet key dates and juggle the demands of a busy workload.
· Exposure to business development and supervising junior fee earners and a keen desire to continue taking an active role in business development and training activities.
The firm can offer hybrid working and a highly competitive package and salary depending on experience.
If you are interested in this opportunity and you have the above pre-requisite requirements, please get in touch to arrange a confidential chat and forward an up-to-date CV by email to **************@bcllegal.com.
Apply below for immediate consideration. If this is not quite right for you, but you are still looking then please get in touch for a confidential chat about your options.
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.
Looking for Solicitor jobs in UK? Browse hundreds of latest Solicitor vacancies updated daily on one of the UK's top law job sites. Simply Law Jobs prides itself in helping thousands of people build their Solicitor careers in UK.
Click below button to browse other Solicitor opportunities in UK:
If you're an employer looking for Solicitor recruitment, get in touch with us by clicking on the button below: