Construction Associate/Senior Associate - leading regional firm - West Midlands
A Construction Associate / Senior Associate at the 3-6 PQE level upwards is sought by a leading regional firm in the West Midlands. This is an opportunity to join a Legal 500 and Chambers ranked team that works on a range of construction projects for clients in a broad range of sectors. The firm is happy to consider candidates who are looking to work flexibly and hybrid working will continue as standard.
As a Construction Associate / Senior Associate at this highly regarded regional firm, your role would involve:
· Advising clients on the delivery of construction projects regionally and nationally.
· Using and adapting industry standard form construction contracts (particularly JCT and NEC) or otherwise bespoke documentation plus appointments, collateral warranties, bonds and guarantees.
· Advising on construction projects across various business sectors.
· Acting for developers, contractors and sub-contractors, commercial clients, financial institutions and private equity investors and construction consultancy practices.
· Working mainly on non-contentious construction work. The contentious construction work is carried out in a separate arm of the team but there may be scope for cross over if preferred.
To be successful in your application for this Construction Associate / Senior Associate position, you will:
· Be at the 3-6 PQE level (or with equivalent experience) and a focus on non-contentious construction matters.
· Candidates with mixed contentious/non-contentious experience are also encouraged to apply provided they want to focus mainly on non-contentious construction moving forward.
· Have a solid understanding of the standard form construction contracts.
· Be driven and passionate about construction law with the ability to think creatively.
· Be a good team player.
· Have strong negotiation and drafting skills.
· At the senior end of the PQE bracket, be interested in maintaining strong client relationships and developing new relationships and able to supervise juniors.
The successful Construction Associate / Senior Associate will be rewarded with:
· The opportunity to work in a tight knit team environment at a firm that really values and cares for its staff.
· Strong partner support.
· Access to high value construction projects.
· Support and encouragement to progress within your legal career.
· A highly competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package.
If you would like to apply for this Construction Associate / Senior Associate position in the West Midlands, please apply with an up to date CV or for a confidential chat please contact Angharad Warren at BCL Legal.