Compliance and Risk Manager
London E1 (Aldgate)
£40,000 per annum | 35 hours pw | Part-time considered, dependent on experience
- Are you interested in playing a key role in effectively managing risk in a customer facing, digitally-based organisation?
- Are you experienced in implementing effective ways to ensure regulatory requirements are met in a fast-paced organisation and a constantly changing operating environment?
- Are you a self-starter, excited by the opportunities digital presents as well as being alert to the risks?
What we do at Asthma UK really matters. The better, deeper and longer relationship we have with people with asthma and their long-term condition, the more lives we save. It’s that simple. Through this role, you’ll have a unique opportunity to make a real difference on a massive scale for the one in five households affected by asthma.
We’re looking for someone who:
- Has experience of creating, implementing and managing processes that support and enable compliance.
- Has experience in managing and developing risk management strategies.
- Is a confident self-starter, effective at planning and prioritising their workload.
- Understands the particular pressures of working in a small/medium sized organisation with the ability to engage in detail of operational implementation as well as to take a strategic view
- Probably has a legal or accounting background, with the solid experience of structured reporting and project management, inherent in those disciplines.
If that sounds like you and you want to bring your insight, knowledge and passion into an environment where it will make a real difference, namely stopping asthma attacks and curing asthma, this is the role for you.
We are committed to supplying the best possible experience to those who can benefit from our support, then translating this experience into financial support so we can continue to save lives. Our board and senior team are externally recognised for their commitment to digital innovation in achieving our mission.
What the role involves:
- Overseeing a comprehensive policy framework and implementation which supports effective risk management as well as regulatory compliance.
- Building strong relationships with the business to ensure division of responsibilities between that, and the Compliance function, is well understood and operates effectively in practice.
- Provide effective training and guidance to colleagues to strengthen the approach to compliance and risk management, and building relevant skills and capabilities across teams.
- Conduct periodic reviews or audits of internal processes and those at Asthma UK’s third-party suppliers.
- Review and advise on contracts to ensure Asthma UK’s business interests are protected.
- Prepare reports for senior management and trustees regarding compliance and risk management.
This is a great place to work
With around 80 people, we’re a tight team working together successfully to stop asthma attacks and cure asthma. We offer substantial benefits, including 30 days holiday (plus bank holidays). Our recent staff survey shows that alongside having a high-performance culture, Asthma UK is a great place to work, with excellent opportunities for development.
For more information and to apply please visit the Asthma UK website or click on the Apply link now!
Closing date for applications: 8am 4 May 2018.
First interview: 14-15 May 2018.
Second interview: 17 May 2018.