As a national law firm, we help 1,000’s of clients every year, but we’re all still human and things can go wrong, and occasionally they do.
Are you passionate about dealing with clients and finding the best solutions to their issues, because we’re committed to putting those faults right and quickly. So, we need an experienced, client-focused solicitor to join the Risk & Compliance team.
So why join Simpson Millar?
You’ll get the benefit of an award-winning, growing and well-capitalised, large national firm which still retains its small company, family feel. Flexible working and a relaxed dress code, and importantly colleagues who are on hand to assist your development. We’ve branded ourselves as The Open Lawyers, and that’s a commitment to both our clients and our colleagues.
What you’ll be responsible for?
· Acknowledging complaints, liaising with clients to understand the validity and potentially resolve their concerns, and positively manage any issues
· Communicating with Fee Earners and Solicitors of all levels to query case history and discuss resolution
· Maintaining the LLP’s Complaints Register
· Reviewing files and correspondence, providing timely and technically correct phone and written responses, including drafting proposed and / or agreed resolutions to clients following the investigation
· Escalating any serious complaint or reputational risk to the Director of Risk & Compliance
· Acting as point of contact in respect of all matters that are referred to the Legal Ombudsman. Assisting with the collation of evidence bundles and official response to Ombudsman complaints as and when requested
What experience will you need to have?
· A good general technical understanding of legal cases over our 3 key practice areas of Public Law, Private Client and Personal Injury
· An understanding of the complaint handling process within a law firm and the LLP’s regulatory obligations - particularly in regard to Client care
· An understanding of the working of the Legal Ombudsman
What will your background & skills be like?
· A qualified solicitor with a minimum of 4-5 years PQE and whilst not all of this might have been in this type of role, you’ll have significant experience of handling complaints in a legal context
· You’ll be able to communicate in a clear, accurate and concise style, with a confident telephone manner and the ability to deal robustly but compassionately with clients who feel aggrieved
· A good understanding of civil procedure and the steps and timescales involved in litigation in order to be able to gauge accurately the validity or otherwise of a complaint
· A strong commitment to Client care
· Commercially minded with experience of working in a busy environment
In terms of reward for all your dedication, we’ll offer you a basic salary between £35,000 and £42,000 depending on your experience and how much you can help out the team, there’s a good benefits package and as previously mentioned a dress for your day and flexible working opportunity.
If the above sounds like you, and you’re interested in hearing more then we’ll be keen to speak with you. Apply to our dedicated recruitment team and we’ll go from there.