11 months ago
Linklaters specialises in advising the world’s leading companies, financial institutions and governments on their most challenging transactions and assignments. With offices in major business and financial centres, we deliver an outstanding service to our clients anywhere in the world.
Our dedicated competition lawyers work across Europe, the US, South America and the developing competition regimes of Asia. Clients come to us for expert, commercial advice on their most complex national, EU and global antitrust matters. The multi-national and multi-lingual nature of our team allows us to understand the national policy concerns that shape global competition policy and to maintain strong relationships with authorities and enforcement agencies across the globe. We regard a deep understanding of our clients’ business and strategy as essential to successfully defending their interests. Our ability to quickly get to grips with new businesses is a key strength.
Linklaters’ unrivalled competition law expertise covers merger control, cartels and dawn raids, competition litigation, market and sector investigations, abuse of dominance, state aid, public procurement and utilities regulation. Our eLearning tools also offer an economic and effective way of training lawyers and business managers on competition law issues.
Key Responsibilities and Challenges
· Taking initial instructions internally or externally, delegating where appropriate.
· Research, due diligence and information management.
· Drafting and reviewing documentation, demonstrating familiarity with precedents and market standards.
Client Relationship Management
· Taking a lead role in advising the client under appropriate supervision.
· Providing commercial and legal advice to the client
· Demonstrating thorough market knowledge to identify current trends and concerns in relevant industry sectors. Able to present ideas to the client to resolve current market issues and anticipate potential problems.
· Supervising team and demonstrating control (particularly of documentation) through effective delegation.
· Debriefing at the end of a matter or at other appropriate stages.
· Co-ordinating, coaching and monitoring the work of others to facilitate achievement of objectives.
· Effective organisation of documentation and project plans.
· Managing meetings effectively by setting clear objectives and agendas and encouraging other’s participation.
· Networking with client to capitalise on new business opportunities.
· Contributing to quality know-how and transaction bibles and their upkeep.
· Delivering practice specific training to develop junior associates.
· Coaching less experienced associates and trainees.
· Regularly giving and seeking clear performance feedback to/from others.
This role will be open from 31 May to 30 June 2018. A competitive remuneration package will be offered for this role.
· 1 – 3 years’ post qualification experience
· Ability to understand an implement complex investment structures in a multi-jurisdictional environment
· Able to maintain a polite and professional demeanour when dealing with clients
· Networking skills
· Organisational skills.
· Ability to communicate assertively when under pressure.
· Ability to influence using appropriate techniques.
· Innovative and practical
· Team player
· Commercially minded
· Motivates others
This list of duties and responsibilities is not exhaustive. It is intended to describe the general content of, and requirements for the performance of this job, and as such, the role may also include the undertaking of additional tasks as required.
How to Apply
Please apply online via the link below.