Company Searches Clerk - Manchester
We stand out for being consistently excellent in advice: we not only provide technical excellence and experience but crucially, we also demonstrate real insight into our clients and what really matters to them. Our knowledge of our chosen sectors and markets, and our investment in our client relationships set us apart. We are a natural choice for FTSE100 and other "bold and beautiful" clients. We are a natural choice for talent - a firm where people fulfil their potential in an environment where they are developed and valued. We do fantastic work: exciting, challenging, fulfilling work that adds significant value to our clients, our people and our business. We are also known for our uncompromising quality. Everything we do - large and small, with our colleagues and our clients - stands up alongside the best. We are recognised for our extraordinary effort that creates sustainable value and a consistently positive experience for our clients, people and communities.
This does not set out every responsibility but provides an overview of the main areas of responsibility.
- To process corporate information requests to service the requirements of external clients, partners and fee-earners across all offices and other members of Corporate Services. The primary source of information is Companies House but information is also obtained from other external providers
- This is a busy and sometimes demanding position providing UK, foreign and Industrial Provident Society searches as well as insolvency, high court, winding up and bankruptcy searches. Ordering company information from Companies House and using this to compile reports. Downloading forms from Companies House.
- Accurate recording and costing of all search requests for client billing. Submitting accounts to the accounts department using Excel. Payment of all invoices from external search agencies.
- Forwarding company registered office post to clients on a daily basis and entering it onto a clients list using Excel.
- Attending regular forums of external corporate information providers and liaising with representatives from external search agencies.
- Providing general administrative support to the Corporate Services department, including copying file correspondence and typing address labels for outgoing post.
Knowledge, skills and experience required (bespoke to role)
- The candidate will need to be computer literate, highly organized with a meticulous approach and attention to detail. Also required is the ability to liaise effectively with partners and fee-earners across the firm, as well as with external clients.