Cathedral Appointments currently have an excellent opportunity for a Company Commercial Solicitor with a minimum of 2 years’ PQE to join our ambitious and expanding client based in Plymouth. This is a very varied position which involves conducting a caseload of company commercial files for clients including Sole Traders, Partners, Directors and Shareholders. You will work on a wide variety of business matters including Sales, Mergers, Acquisitions and Corporate Reconstructions, as well as taking part in Business Development activities.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Dealing with matters outlined above on behalf of clients
- Assisting colleagues with their fee earning work where appropriate and on large corporate transactions
- Management and supervision of support services for which s/he is responsible, as required
- Participation in Business Development activities whether on a firmwide, departmental or team basis
- Financial control with particular regard to cashflow control through collection of monies on account and billing procedures
- Perform fee earning work accurately, reliably and in accordance with the firm’s quality and risk management procedures (Lexcel)
- Attendance at departmental meetings, leading by example with contributions made at and subsequent to such events
- Win new work from existing and new clients and referrers
- Maintain and nurture an appropriate network of contacts and referrers and endeavour to promote the firm in their professional and personal lives
- Maintain IT skills appropriate to modern legal practice
- Take responsibility for self-development and keeping up to date with legal developments
- A minimum of 2 years’ PQE with at least 75% of current caseload to be Company Commercial work
- A proven team player, willing to work under supervision where required, receptive to constructive criticism and happy to work on files alone in areas they are experienced
- Has worked independantly and with colleagues on the majority of the following work types:
- An excellent communicator both written and oral, capable of building a good rapport with clients and colleagues
- Commercially savvy and with a good understanding of company/commercial work, especially empathetic to the needs of commercial clients
- Fully conversant with Word, Outlook and Excel and used to working with computerised case management systems
- Enjoys spending time outside normal office hours with people and at events in order to build relationships and their own network, which will ultimately result in new business
- Experienced in Intellectual Property; Crowdfunding; Tax
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Company Commercial Solicitor who is looking for a new role with a prestigious firm. You will have the opportunity to really make this role your own and progress your career.
Please note, Cathedral Appointments are acting as a recruitment agency in relation to the above role.
Key Words: Company Commercial, Company, Commercial, Corporate, Mergers, Acquisitions, Legal, Fee Earner, Solicitor, Law Firm, Legal Executive, CILEX, LLB, Law Degree, Law, Jobs in Devon, Plymouth Jobs