Part time maternity coverDirect locum / contract opportunityThe role
The main focus of the role will be to act for and advise a wide range of North-West based and national clients, including those from manufacturing and advanced engineering companies as well as banks, charities and owner-managed businesses.
You will support the existing team with the help of an experienced Paralegal. Managing an existing caseload, you’ll enjoy high levels of client contact from the outset. Your focus will be on reviewing, drafting and negotiating commercial contracts on matters such as:
- IP and outsourcing
- IT and software
- Agency, franchise and distribution
- Terms and conditions of sale and purchase (consumer and B2B)
- Supply of goods and services agreements
- Data protection (GDPR)
- Modern slavery and Anti-bribery and corruption
- Advertising laws
We’re looking for a commitment of around 15 hours per week and can offer flexibility of hours between Monday to Friday, 9am to 5.30pm.
What we’re looking for:
- Ideally between 2-5 years PQE.
- High levels of attention to detail, with first rate drafting skills.
- Strong communicator who is able to confidently liaise with internal and external stakeholders at all levels.
- Experience within the oil and gas industry would be beneficial but is by no means essential.
- Ability to work autonomously within a fast paced, team environment.
- IT literate / case management experience.
Hillyer McKeown is committed to promoting a culture of equality and diversity in the workplace. You will receive equal treatment regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.