COMMERCIAL CONTRACTS SOLICITOR 2+ (NON FEE EARNING)
- Global magic circle law firm and one of the top ten law firms worldwide
- Large open plan offices based just outside of the City Centre in Gosforth
- Team comprising of a Head of Legal, a Contracts Lawyer and one paralegal
- Working closely alongside the wide Risk & Compliance Group based across London and Newcastle
- This is a unique opportunity to join one of the UK's most prestigious law firms working as an integral member of the expanding Risk & Compliance Group
- You will be responsible for reviewing, negotiating and finalising all manner of commercial contracts which the firm is due to enter into
- You will also be tasked with coordinating and responding to the full remit of enquiries and amendments requested by existing clients of the firm, such as reviewing proposed Framework Agreements received from clients, reviewing client termas of business, and liaising with others within the firms internal structure on specialist matters such as IT security, e-billing and conflicts
- Other responsibilities will include receiving and reviewing client risk questionnaires and developing precedent responses to common questions and queries from clients
- You will be working with both a national and international client base
- You must be a qualified Solicitor for this role
- The successful candidate will have a commercial contracts background, either from in-house or private practice
- Strong drafting skills and attention to detail as well as the ability to solve problems in a methodical and practical way is essential for this role
- You will be working with a team who based across both Newcastle and London, so a degree of self sufficiency is required for this role, but you are supported both locally and remotely at all times
- This is a non fee earning role, so the potential for a better work life balance is very much a reality
- You will be working with both a national and international client base, so there may be the occasional need to contact clients out of hours, although not within completely unsociable hours. All such calls can be made remotely, and you are not expected to be in the office outside of your core working hours
- Attractive salary and benefits package is on offer
- Part time hours may be available for the right candidate
If you're interested in this role, please apply now or forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us.
If this job isn't quite right, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
For a full list of jobs you can also visit the BCL job search page.
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.