Quasi In-House Commercial Solicitor
Are you interested in the application of innovative RPA and AI in the delivery of commercial legal services? This could be the place for you.
A fantastic role for an experienced commercial solicitor has opened up with this highly professional quasi in-house legal team in Leeds.
- The team works as an extension to the in-house legal teams for a number of high profile national and global clients, but with the support and resources of a major international law firm.
- They are very busy and expanding further.
- The team works with high profile legal teams across a number of sectors, including luxury cars, financial services, food & drink and FMCG.
- They have grown considerably since their inception at the beginning of last year, with a number of new client wins for the efficient and cost effective managed in-house service.
- Incredibly low turnover of staff - the team has grown considerably over the last 2 years and not a single lawyer who has joined the team has since left.
- Could this role be the best of both worlds?
- No chargeable hours targets, no scoping and pricing work, no time recording, no dealing with volume basic matters that are intellectually unstimulating
- No having to turn your hand to matters that are outside your skillset with no support or resources
- Sensible working hours and very high quality challenging and varied commercial contract work, in an environment where each lawyer can work to their full potential
- Great levels of support, resources and ongoing training.
- Innovative application of robotic process automation and artificial intelligence take the drudgery out of BAU commercial work, leaving you to deal with more interesting and challenging work
- Management responsibility appropriate to your level
Who are they looking for?
- They are now looking to take on a commercial solicitor with ideally between about five and eight years' PQE in predominantly commercial contracts, either from an in-house or private practice background.
- You will need a solid academic record and experience gained within a top tier or mid tier commercial firm, or a regarded in-house legal team.
- If you also have some experience in IT or data protection, so much the better although this is not essential.
The team offers a highly competitive top tier salary and benefits package.
If you're interested in this role, please apply now or forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us.
If this job isn't quite right, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
For a full list of jobs you can also visit the BCL job search page.
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.