Commercial Paralegal - 1 year FTC
A leading Top Tier Legal 500 law firm based in Manchester City Centre is recruiting a paralegal to join its commercial and intellectual property department. Providing commercial legal advice to a range of high net worth clients and businesses, this firm seek to provide tailored advice to clients through its specialist and dedicated teams. Due to workload with a major client, the commercial and intellectual property team is now seeking a paralegal on a one year fixed term contract.
You will be an experienced paralegal with a background specialising in assisting fee earners relating to commercial matters. You will support the commercial and intellectual property team in the performance of their duties which include;
· Organising and co-ordinating client service initiativs with other departments in the firm
· Reviewing and recording incoming instructions on retainer files
· Tracking and regularly updating internal records in relation to status of matters on retainer files
· Liaising with clients by telephone, writing and face to face, when required
· Management, assessment and dissemination of news updates in relation to key clients' sectors
To be considered for this role, you must have a minimum of 12 months experience working in a commercial/corporate/intellectual property department. You must also have the following;
· Completed LLB and ideally your LPC
· Preferably completed commercial and intellectual property elective
· Possess strong organisation skills, able to plan and prioritise
· Competent with Excel and PowerPoint and willing to learn new systems, both manual and IT related.
In addition to working for a top UK200 law firm, you will be rewarded with a competitive salary and excellent benefits. This paralegal role would suit an individual who is available within 4 weeks due to it being a fixed term contract.
If you are interested in applying for this paralegal role, please call Kirsty Worden onto apply or find out more information. If you do not have the required experience for this role however you are interested in hearing about other paralegal opportunities in Manchester, please get in touch.