Commercial Litigation Solicitor / Associate 0-2 PQE
COMMERCIAL LITIGATION SOLICITOR / ASSOCIATE - MANCHESTER
Commercial Litigation Solicitor – A great opportunity has arisen for a commercial litigation solicitor, who wishes to develop their career with the Manchester office of a leading national firm. The team acts for a broad range of corporate and commercial clients from SMEs to large plcs and international clients. They also have an established reputation in the public sector.
· Job title: Commercial Litigation Solicitor / Associate - NQ+
· Location: Manchester
· Salary: £37,000 - £45,000 (Depending on experience)
· Reports to: Partner
· Previous Experience: Around 0-2 years PQE or above – drawing on a broad range of commercial dispute resolution experience including commercial contracts, directors’ disputes, shareholder disputes, warranties, insurance contracts.
RANGE OF TOP TIER COMMERCIAL LITIGATION WORK
The nature and structure of the team lends itself to a broad range of litigation work from all sectors of the business including offices other than Manchester. Solicitors are encouraged to develop sector specialisms enabling the firm to provide a seamless service offering both nationally and internationally. Lawyers are also encouraged to avoid regarding commercial litigation in a vacuum. The practice endeavours to provide a holistic strategy encompassing not just dispute resolution advice, but also remaining astute to brand protection and developing a strategy to manage potential harm.
In terms of reputation, members of the department are regularly accredited in the Legal 500 and Chambers & Partners and you will be working with colleagues who are regularly recognised as leaders in their field. The team acts for clients ranging from SMEs to large fully listed and AIM listed businesses so candidates are expected to be able to draw on an equally diverse range of expertise. The department handles a diverse caseload from ‘bread-and-butter’ commercial litigation including commercial contracts disputes and shareholder disputes etc to more specialised areas, such as Intellectual Property and IT.
IDEAL CANDIDATE ATTRIBUTES
Our client is looking for sharp, bright and ambitious candidates. Those with a top or mid-tier background are encouraged to apply, though the team will also readily consider candidates who are looking to develop their expertise with a national law firm. One of the key characteristics the team looks for is the ability to demonstrate a truly practical and commercial approach at all times. Technical ability at this level is obviously a must, but a true understanding of what the client is looking to achieve and the pathway to getting there is paramount.
- Sound technical knowledge of the law;
- Excellent organisational, prioritisation and time-keeping skills especially when working to court timetables and deadlines;
- Strong drafting abilities, whether drafting witness statements or instructions to counsel or expert witnesses;
- The ability to get to the crux of the issue at hand and present sound commercial options to the client.
This is a fantastic chance to build your career as a commercial litigation solicitor with a growing Manchester team within a vast national and international network.
The firm is also astute to the fact that more experienced candidates may well be looking for a route through to Partnership. In such cases, they are willing to assess an application on its merits and work with a particular candidate to achieve their goals.