7 months ago
Fieldfisher is a European law firm with market leading practices in many of the world's most dynamic sectors. We are an exciting, forward-thinking organisation with a particular focus on technology, finance & financial services, energy & natural resources, life sciences and media.
Our growing European network of offices supports an international client base alongside our Silicon Valley and China colleagues. We also work in a number of other jurisdictions through dedicated country teams.
Among our clients we count social media sites and high street coffee chains as well as pharmaceutical, life sciences and medical devices companies, energy suppliers, banks and technology leaders.
Clients choose to work with us because we deliver commercial, pragmatic and innovative solutions through our exceptional legal expertise and experience, on time and on budget.
Our network has more than 1000 people working across 20 offices providing highly commercial advice based on an in-depth understanding of our clients' needs.
We operate across our offices in Amsterdam, Beijing, Belfast, Birmingham, Bologna, Brussels, Düsseldorf, Frankfurt, Hamburg, London, Luxembourg, Manchester, Munich, Milan, Paris, Rome, Shanghai, Turin, Venice and Silicon Valley.
In 2017, Fieldfisher was named Law Firm of the Year in Western Germany at the Juve Awards, and Law firm of the Year at the British Legal Awards. 2018 saw Fieldfisher named Law Firm of the year at the Legal Business Awards 2018.
Fieldfisher's Condor Alternative Legal Solutions won the award for ‘New Business and Service Delivery Models’ at the FT Innovative Lawyers Europe Awards 2017. Fieldfisher also won Personal Injury Team of the Year at the Solicitors Journal Awards 2017.
Our IP Transactions and Commercialisation team is top ranked for franchising, commercial contracts and marketing and advertising by Chambers and the Legal 500. We advise a range of clients, big and small, at different stages of maturity and across a variety of sectors, including hotels, retail, food & beverage, services, healthcare and education.
We work with household names advising on their marketing copy, sales promotions, advertising agency agreements, data collection and direct marketing, endorsement contracts, sponsorship and global loyalty schemes and partnership agreements.
Due to continued growth we are seeking a talented lawyer to join this expanding practice.
Advising clients primarily in the various sectors on compliance and commercial matters, including complex IP licensing transactions in the retail and life-sciences sectors.
Based in our Manchester office, you will be a member of our international Commercial IP team providing support to regional, national and international clients.
Responsibilities would include:
* Assisting with:
* commercial contracts (licensing, research and development, IT procurement, commercial supply and purchasing, consumer terms and e-commerce)
* Distribution and Agency agreements;
* Franchise agreements;
* Advertising, media and promotions;
* Management of a worldwide trade mark portfolio; and
* Outsourcing contracts (IT, BPO, FM etc.).
* Working closely with colleagues across our Technology, Outsourcing & Privacy as well as the Corporate teams.
* A high degree of direct client contact on a day-to-day basis.
* Participation in marketing and practice development initiatives.
Key Skills & Experience
* Qualified lawyer with proven experience in commercial contracts;
* Good understanding of IP (especially copyright, design rights and trade marks);
* Sound working knowledge of contract and commercial law;
* Strong interpersonal skills;
* Experience of cross border deals would be useful.
* Team player with a desire to build strong internal and client relationships and the drive to help develop a rapidly growing practice; and
* Strong academics.
Fieldfisher recruitment processes are handled by our in house recruitment team. If you are an agency enquiring about partnering with us on recruitment, please direct your correspondence solely to the recruitment team and please do not submit speculative applications under any circumstances.
Fieldfisher aims to ensure equality of opportunity and we are actively working towards improving the diversity of our staff. All applications will only be considered on merit and the applicant's suitability to meet the requirements of the role.