12 months ago
Practice group/Global Operations team:
Type of Vacancy:
Full time/Part time:
Contract/Part time details:
About Eversheds Sutherland:
Eversheds Sutherland is not your average law firm and we're not looking for average people. We do things differently - in the way we treat our people and the service we provide. That's how we've become one of the largest law firms in the world and a great place to work and develop your career.
You would be joining a team providing world class financial services to our business. You'll be someone who wants to be the best at what they do; who can handle pressure and enjoys making decisions that will have a real impact on our business. Our firm is all about teamwork and you would be a crucial part of that team - you'll find the work stimulating, the atmosphere dynamic and the results highly satisfying.
The Finance team is one of the largest International Operations teams, consisting of individuals who are involved in a range of activities covering commercial business partnering, credit and revenue control, finance operations, financial control and tax.
This role will support the International Operations Purchasing processes and the Commercial Accounting arm of International Operations.
Reporting into the International Operations Commercial Finance Manager , the successful candidate will also be responsible for:
- To raise purchase requests as required by the International Ops departments.
- Assist where required to problem solve any queries passed to us from the Finance Service Desk covering Concur.
- Run spend reports from the current purchasing system and send to the relevant audience.
- To maintain a working knowledge of all necessary systems and procedures.
- Review of General Ledger reports to make sure costs are posted to the correct codes
- Review of outstanding invoices reports and assist with any queries in relation to this report.
- Administration tasks.
Commercial Accounting Tasks:
- Assisting to prepare monthly and year end accruals and prepayments and to post journals as necessary.
- To produce reports and support GL and coding queries where necessary.
- To correct miscoding’s within International Operations and re-class to the correct codes.
- Assist with budget input into the Cognos budget system.
- Assist in other ad hoc tasks.
Skills and experience:
The ideal candidate will be have some experience of working within a finance department, capable of working on your own as well as in a small team. You will be computer literate (Excel to intermediate level), and have experience of working with management information systems.
You will have excellent communication and organisational skills and some experience of prepayments and accruals and other basic book-keeping.
You will be ambitious, client-focused and keen to learn. You will be a team player, able to work in a busy environment and be used to working to strict deadlines.
You will have:
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- A reliable, enthusiastic and a ‘can do’ approach
- A collaborative style and able to build strong working relationships within Finance and across the business.
We're a modern, progressive law firm. We think differently and we've built a culture where individual skills and personalities can shine through. At Eversheds, we believe that innovation comes from a culture of genuine equality and diversity and we are happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments individuals may require in the recruitment process, or once in post.
Eversheds Sutherland endeavours to recruit and fill vacancies directly. However, when we do need to engage with agencies, Eversheds Sutherland operates within a preferred supplier list.
Email this vacancy to a friend