Solicitor - Clinical Negligence (NQ-8PQE)
A top tier defendant law firm are seeking an experience Solicitor to join their Clinical Negligence team in Bristol.
The successful Clinical Negligence Solicitor will handle a challenging high value defendant clinical negligence caseload. This will include drafting pleadings, witness statements and letters of response, liaison with the health bodies, conducting face to face negotiations and mediation of claims as well as preparing counter schedules of damages in high value claims.
Main Duties include:
* Act as first and primary contact for clients on a day to day basis providing them with commercially focused legal advice.
* Make an appropriate contribution to non fee-earning activity e.g. knowledge sharing, training, client seminars, and writing of articles.
* Comply with the required standards for internal procedures e.g. financial management of files, billing regimes, etc as well as the specific requirements of individual clients.
* Support marketing and business development activity within the team e.g. attending marketing events and client training.
* Provide supervision and coaching to junior fee earners.
* Writing articles for publication both for in-house and external publications.
* A Solicitor with experience in defendant or claimant clinical negligence, or defendant insurance law typically to have been gained 1+ years post qualification.
* Excellent relationship and client handling skills.
* Exposure to and success within business development activities.
* Able to handle a complex and constantly changing workload and to work under pressure.
Apply now for immediate consideration!
Please contact Emily Flewitt, Legal Recruitment Consultant, to discuss the role in more detail or apply through the vacancy for immediate consideration.
Douglas Scott are a legal recruitment expert and the UK's leading law firms trust us with their legal vacancies. We are a regulated recruitment consultancy and will discuss this role and seek your approval before submitting an application directly to the decision maker.