4 months ago
Personal Injury & Medical Negligence
Fieldfisher has one of the UK's leading Personal Injury and Medical Negligence compensation claims practices. We have extensive experience in pursuing claims for victims of medical negligence, clinical negligence, medical accidents and medical mistakes. We are recognised as one of the UK's leading teams by credible directories including The Legal 500 and Chambers & Partners. The team were also named as winners of the Legal 500, Claimant Clinical Negligence Award.
Over the past 25 years we have helped thousands of people recover compensation for their injuries and illnesses. Many of the cases have settled for over £1 million.
Due to continued growth and the expansion of our Clinical Negligence group in Manchester, we now have an excellent opportunity for an experienced solicitor to join this market leading team. You will be responsible for assisting the senior partners across a growing and diverse caseload of both medical and clinical negligence whilst also running your own smaller caseload of matters.
Fieldfisher is a European law firm with market leading practices in many of the world's most dynamic sectors. We are an exciting, forward-thinking organisation with a particular focus on technology, finance & financial services and energy & natural resources.
Our growing European network of offices supports an international client base alongside our Silicon Valley and Shanghai teams. Among our clients, we count social media sites and high street coffee chains through to pharmaceutical, life sciences and medical devices companies, energy suppliers, banks and government departments.
Clients choose to work with us because we deliver commercial, pragmatic and innovative solutions through our exceptional legal expertise and experience, on time and on budget.
We have more than 400 lawyers spread over nine locations, all providing highly commercial advice based on an in-depth understanding of our clients' needs.
We operate across our offices in Brussels, Düsseldorf, Hamburg, Paris, London, Milan, Munich, Manchester, Rome, Silicon Valley and Shanghai.
* Proactively manage own files and support the partners, most of whom deal with medical negligence work
* Preparing thorough documentation required in the preparation of cases to trial
* Liaising with counsel/experts
* Liaising with clients and handling matters with the appropriate sensitivity
Key Skills & Experience
* Qualified lawyer with strong relevant UK claimant experience from a top rated city law firm.
* Should be able to demonstrate experience in and have a keen interest in marketing.
* An ability to build relationships with the client, family, witnesses, counsel and experts.
* Enthusiastic team player with a commitment to quality and client care.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Good case management skills.
* Strong academics essential minimum 2:1 or equivalent.
* The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate a real commitment to and empathy with the cause of the client.
Fieldfisher aims to ensure equality of opportunity and we are actively working towards improving the diversity of our staff. All applications will only be considered on merit and the applicant's suitability to meet the requirements of the role.