Jackson Lees Group are searching for a Lawyer to join their well established Clinical Negligence Team. Do you have 1+ PQE experience in Clinical Negligence? If so, we'd like to hear from you. Flexible or part-time working will be considered for this role.
Overall purpose: To provide first rate legal advice and service to our clients according to their specific needs, ensuring full compliance with policies and procedures laid out by the Group and by regulatory bodies. To act as an ambassador for the Group at all times, actively promoting its services.
- To provide first rate legal advice to clients;
- To charge the rate defined by the Board / Head of Department for services;
- To ensure that the group’s policies and procedures and those laid out by regulatory bodies such as the Law Society and CILEX are complied with fully at all times;
- To actively promote the group and all its service in order to attract new business;
- To nurture relationships with existing clients in order to maintain and develop work;
- To contribute towards the effective management of risk by carrying out regular risk assessments on all matters, efficient file management and by providing excellent client care;
- To actively participate in departmental meetings, suggesting improvements to our services where appropriate;
- To ensure that all work undertaken is appropriate to workload and level of knowledge and experience, systematically informing the Head of Department or Team Leader/Supervisors of any concerns and referring work which can be carried out more effectively or efficiently by another fee earner;
- To supervise less experienced members of the firm and/or secretarial staff;
- To actively assist other members of the department where appropriate, notably in providing cover for holidays etc.
- To ensure that CPD training requirements are fulfilled;
- To endeavour to improve knowledge and skills where appropriate;
- To keep accurate and up to date records of time, money, bills etc.
- To issue and collect bills in accordance with the group’s billing and credit control policies;
- To avoid write offs as far as possible and to disclose them immediately if they are necessary;
- To disclose any claims and complaints or potential complaints promptly.