26 days ago
Mishcon de Reya is an independent law firm, which now employs more than 900 people with over 550 lawyers offering a wide range of legal services to companies and individuals.
Based in London with offices in New York, the firm services an international community of clients and provides advice in situations where the constraints of geography often do not apply. The work it undertakes is cross-border, multi-jurisdictional and complex, spanning six core practice areas: Corporate; Dispute Resolution; Employment; Intellectual Property; Private; and Real Estate.
Mishcon de Reya has grown rapidly in recent years, showing more than 80% revenue growth in the past five years alone. In 2015, the firm moved into a purpose designed building on Kingsway, and has converted to both an alternative business structure and LLP.
Mishcon de Reya prides itself on the diverse range of people who make up the firm. The central role played by the Academy, the firm’s in-house place of learning, development and new thinking, and its active and innovative social impact strategy are reflected in its Investors in People Platinum standard.
To provide a high quality legal cashiering function to the Firm; to be responsive to the changing needs and priorities of the department and to provide ad hoc support to departmental colleagues as and when required. The Client Cashier will work within a team of two client cashiers and will be supervised in day-to-day operations by the Cashiers Supervisor.
Duties will include but are not limited to;
* Allocating and posting of all client funds receipts received via online banking (RBS Bankline).
* Client to client transfers.
* Treasury, designated & joint deposits, including maintaining diary.
* Daily and monthly bank reconciliations, including all deposit and currency accounts.
* Payments out of all client funds - via online banking, cheque payments.
* Interest calculations, both manual and automatic.
* Foreign currency transactions via online banking.
* Dealing promptly with ad hoc queries presented by Partners, Associates and Secretaries/PA's.
* Assist dealing with residual balances.
* Liaising with our bank, dealing with any queries.
* Dealing with the opening, closing and maintaining of joint accounts.
* Solid legal cashiering experience.
* Strong knowledge of the SRA Rules.
* Excellent IT skills, CMS/Aderant/Elite experience preferredSkills/Attributes
* Excellent attention to detail.
* Excellent organisational skills.
* Ability to effectively manage own workload but work as part of a busy team.
* Ability to communicate effectively with people at all levels.
* Personable and confident, able to build relationships with partners/ key stakeholders.
* Resilient and calm under pressure.
* Adaptable and flexible approach.
* Pro-active and takes initiative.
Please note that this job profile is not an exhaustive list of duties but merely an outline of the key components of the role. You may be required by your line manager to take on additional responsibilities when requested.
Diversity & Inclusion lie at the heart of our core values. At Mishcon de Reya, our aim is to promote and foster a culture which embraces diversity, respect for the individual and the expression of talent, to empower individuals to fulfil their, and the firm’s, potential. In order to support this, we recognise the importance of flexible and agile working and are open to having conversations on how this could work for you and our business.