2 months ago
Central Services Paralegal (would suit experienced Paralegal, or LPC qualified graduate)
Permanent Full time
Ridley & Hall are an award-winning, Legal 500 firm of solicitors, based in Yorkshire, with a national profile. Passionate about making a difference to peoples’ lives by being innovative and forward thinking. Caring about helping their clients to solve their legal problems. Avoiding complicated legal jargon and clear about the cost involved of any advice that is given.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a dynamic motivated and ambitious person to join this long established, forward thinking firm who offer great opportunities for progression to those who are ambitious.
The role is open to an experienced Paralegal, or LPC qualified graduate. The successful candidate will work as part of the Central Services team, handling new client enquiries via telephone, email or walk-ins. Liaising with fee earners to ensure the conversion of enquiries into cases, taking detailed initial enquiries to assist fee earners with their decision making and using a contact management system to open new matters.
Additionally there will be some requirement to handle post enquiry sales, new file opening, file closing and data management.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate interest and a desire to develop experience in general law but most specifically Family, Private Client, Childcare and Adoption, Litigation and Property.
Your responsibilities will include:
Roles and Responsibilities
1. Being the first port of call for all new enquiries including telephone, web and walk-in enquiries.
2. Liaising with fee earners to ensure the conversion of enquiries into cases.
3. Taking detailed initial enquiries to assist the fee earners in their decision making.
4. Corresponding with clients
5. Using a contact system to open new matters for fee earners.
6. To be an ambassador to the firm at social and charity events and with the local University.
7. Opening and closing files and drafting the necessary initial letters (you said I advised and rule 2 client care) Responding to and drafting emails Filing
The skills required
1. Confidence in speaking to and dealing with clients (a lot of the clients can be emotional and difficult given the circumstances they are in)
2. Using initiative
3. Thinking creatively
5. Confidence in speaking to and dealing with queries of other solicitors/ barristers/ experts
To apply for this exciting opportunity send your CV and a covering letter to the Operations Manager Tracey Armitage. The closing date for this vacancy is 30th November 2018.