10 months ago
What sort of person we’re looking for
A commercial lawyer between 1-4 years pqe to join our Commercial Dispute Resolution team. If you’ve undertaken good quality commercial litigation work, have great academics, and you are looking for a dynamic but supportive atmosphere in which to hone your skills with “top drawer” work, then you should apply!
What we can offer
We offer a team which is led by 3 nationally recognised partners who are dedicated to commercial dispute resolution and trusted by leading UK and global companies and entrepreneurs to advise on resolution of complex, high value commercial disputes. Our partners are supported by a significant resource of specialist commercial litigation lawyers which combine to produce a formidable team which is consistently rated in the top tier both in Yorkshire and ranked as national leaders by leading publications for this practice area.
You will be working for national and international clients for example:
* we handle the UK and European disputes for a global manufacturer in a broad range of sectors, including oil and gas, mining, construction, financial and automotive.
* advising one of Europe’s largest, and one of the UK’s leading, environmental and waste companies, we act on a wide range of issues and disputes, often adopting a strategic risk management and cross-discipline approach.
* we undertake a variety of legal work for one of the UK’s largest generators of renewable power, and have acted for this client in a wide range of commercial disputes.
* representing a major global electronics manufacturer in its defence of a claim in Nigeria.
* instructed by a European public body for international dispute claims which speaks volumes as to the profile of Walker Morris outside the UK.
* retained advisor in the UK for one of the world’s leading contract research organization. We handle a wide range of legal work, including commercial and contractual disputes.
* acting for a global metering manufacturer in relation to major project and product disputes.
* retained by an oil exploration company to advise on project issues in Africa.
Where you’ll fit in
The impressive Dispute Resolution department has 18 partners and 60 solicitors covering CDR, employment, construction, regulatory, insolvency litigation, and real estate and banking litigation. Within CDR, 3 partners lead a team of 15 , solicitors. Partners Gwendoline Davies, Malcolm Simpson and Nick Lees are looking to recruit and the applicant will work for all 3 and form an integral part of the CDR team.
1-4 years pqe (but will consider anyone who can demonstrate the skills and knowledge we are looking for).