12 months ago
Marketing and Business Development
Fieldfisher is a European law firm with market leading practices in many of the world's most dynamic sectors. We are an exciting, forward-thinking organisation with a particular focus on technology, finance & financial services and energy & natural resources.
Our growing European network of offices supports an international client base alongside our Silicon Valley, Beijing and Shanghai teams. Among our clients, we count social media sites and high street coffee chains through to pharmaceutical, life sciences and medical devices companies, energy suppliers, banks and FTSE 100 companies.
Clients choose to work with us because we deliver commercial, pragmatic and innovative solutions through our exceptional legal expertise and experience, on time and on budget.
We have more than 600 lawyers spread over nine locations, all providing highly commercial advice based on an in-depth understanding of our clients' needs. We operate across our offices in Amsterdam, Brussels, China, Paris, Germany, Italy, UK, and the US - Silicon Valley. In the UK, we have approximately 700 people working in the London, Manchester and Birmingham.
The firm is growing rapidly and its revenue for 2016/17 was £165 million. The UK accounts for approximately 70% of the headcount.
We were the fastest growing UK law firm last year with 2016/17 revenue of £165 million and were named Law Firm of the Year at the British Legal Awards 2017.
The Marketing Department is made up of Business Development and Marketing Communications specialists and focuses on revenue growth and reputation enhancement. We work closely with lawyers and other fee earners to build relationships with key buyers (and influencers) of our services, developing and driving revenue generating and reputation enhancing activities that help us achieve our growth ambitions.
The Business Development Senior Manager will work with key stakeholders including Practice & Sector heads, Partners and staff to drive effective business development activities through:
* Developing a sophisticated and comprehensive understanding of our clients, our own service offerings, the competitive landscape and our sales and delivery capabilities
* Developing business plans that are focussed on revenue generation
* Driving consultative sales activity and pipeline development, ensuring activity is tracked via our client relationship management database
* Being proactive in developing trusted advisor relationships with Partners and teams across the firm having a keen awareness that our most precious resource is fee earner time ensuring this is spent on the most productive activities
* Developing and promoting new client, sector and service value propositions that:
* Increase the number of companies we have contact with (focused on decision makers and buyers)
* Build our relationship with buyers of legal services (mix of new and existing)
* Win new work streams
* Attending relevant client and prospect meetings, ensuring effective follow-up takes place
* Helping to improve the win rate and the quality of competitive bids
* Providing effective advice & coaching throughout the bidding process including effective go/no go decisions, project management, document creation and production, pricing, pitch preparation and rehearsal
* Work with the Marketing & Communication function to ensure that the firm’s insight, thought leadership and events are properly targeted and deliver return on investment
Key Skills & Experience
* Proven track record in business development, face to face sales and client relationship management (ideally within a Professional Services environment)
* Demonstrable understanding of pipeline development & management
* A self-starter who has the ability to take ownership of a project and drive it to completion whilst working as a team player
* Ability to develop networks and trusted adviser relationships with Partners and staff at all levels, influencing effectively and constructively challenging to deliver the best results
* Ability to work effectively in a demanding and high performance environment
* Strong presentation and facilitation skills
* Ability to communicate effectively and write persuasively and concisely
* Operate as a strategic adviser, adding value to all projects, meetings and conversations
We are particularly interested in hearing from senior business developers with a background in the technology sector for this role.
Fieldfisher recruitment processes are handled by our in house recruitment team. If you are an agency enquiring about partnering with us on recruitment, please direct your correspondence solely to the recruitment team and please do not submit speculative applications under any circumstances.
Fieldfisher aims to ensure equality of opportunity and we are actively working towards improving the diversity of our staff. All applications will only be considered on merit and the applicant's suitability to meet the requirements of the role.