3 months ago
The Business Development & Marketing Manager will provide dedicated support to the EU, C&T Practice Group with a variety of projects and tasks, focused on practice and industry group activity in line with the EU, C&T business plan. The role covers the full marketing and business development mix.
We are looking for someone with BD experience, who is highly organised, efficient and used to operating independently. Able to manage a varied workload, take the lead on projects, consistently meet deadlines and confidently interact with senior members of the firm. It's a great opportunity to gain valuable BD & Marketing experience in a friendly experienced team who can help fast track your career to the next level.
Within the 'First 100 days' period you should:
* Learn about the practice, sub-groups and the nature of the work undertaken
* Build relationships with key practice stakeholders, BD colleagues and wider firm contacts
* Begin supporting and identifying opportunities with a number of key EU, C&T clients
* Work on high value proposals
* Support existing and developing marketing campaigns and events
* Keep up to speed with market developments
* Be trained in the effective use of financial analytics and market research tools
The role itself is varied but will include:
Working closely with the Business Development team to support firm-wide, office and practice client targeting initiatives through proactive relationship management, client and industry research and opportunity spotting. The successful candidate will also have direct responsibility for assisting in the effective running of 2-3 key EU, C&T client accounts and will have direct contact with the client, particularly around feedback
* Supporting practice campaigns, including developing internal and external messaging, roll-out and evaluation. There will be opportunities to take the lead on mid-sized marketing initiatives as well as gain experience as part of a team launching major thought leadership campaigns.
Support on Pitches
* Supporting live pitches, through research and the collation, drafting and formatting of information in response to RFP or ITTs
* Take part in rehearsals
* Recording, tracking and analysing pitch activity, as well as undertaking direct feedback with the client
* Supporting the ongoing development of pitch/capability/CV templates through the effective and regular gathering, updating and central storage of standard content
* Working alongside the London events team to deliver a targeted programme of client seminars, roundtables, workshops for the EU, C&T group
* Supporting the practice group to identify and implement external profile raising opportunities, including the co-ordination of directory submissions (Chambers, Legal 500, ITR), award submissions and client alerts
* Supporting internal profile raising opportunities
* Leading on the deal collection process for league tables
* Maintaining mailing lists for the EU, C&T practice in InterAction
* Maintenance of the EU, C&T Business Development intranet page (SharePoint)
* Work with BD colleagues across the office to identify and promote opportunities for collaboration and continuous improvement
Other Business Development Activity
* Assisting with the development and preparation of annual business plans and budgets and monitoring progress throughout the year
* Supporting on practice and industry research, including internal fee analysis and external desk research for clients and markets/industries
* Coordinating internal business development meetings with fee earners, including running agendas, recording key actions and ensuring implementation of actions
* Responding to requests from the central London, EMEA and Global business development to assist with central client targeting and other cross-practice business development initiatives
* Responding to requests for information from other BD and Marketing professionals across the Baker McKenzie network
Why join us?
Baker McKenzie is a truly global law firm. Founded in 1949, we advise many of the world’s most dynamic and successful business organisations through our 13,000 people in 77 offices across 47 countries. Yet big does not mean impersonal. We work hard to ensure that everyone knows their role and has the support they need to perform it to the highest standard. Our culture encourages this - how we work, think and behave in a collaborative and fulfilling way.
In London you will be part of an 800 person office, which is also our largest office globally. Originally opened in 1961, Baker McKenzie London is well established in the UK as a leading international law firm and is regularly involved in some of the country's most high-profile legal matters. We can offer you the work, pride and experience of being part of a leading law firm but in a local office environment that is hardworking, yet friendly and supportive.
The strength of the firm and our culture is evidenced by a number of recent awards, including:
* Acritas’ Sharplegal Global Elite Brand Index, ranked 1st/Brand Index: 100
* The Sunday Times’ Best Companies to Work For 2011, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17: currently ranked 66th
* The Times Top 100 Graduate Employers 2017: currently ranked 58th
* Stonewall Workplace Equality Index: currently ranked 6th
* Euromoney Women in Business Law Awards 2016: Five awards: Most Innovative International Firm for Women, Best International Firm for pro bono work, Best in tax, Best in Employment and Overall Outstanding Female Practitioner Award
At Baker McKenzie we welcome direct applications.
Please click on the icon to start the online application process for this role. We will then be in touch with you once we have reviewed your application. If you are unable to online, please contact the Recruitment Team on eitheror email
For more information about this position or to discuss any adjustments you may require during the process please contact in confidence, Mona Rangar, Interim Recruitment Manager, onor emailPlease note Baker McKenzie does not accept unsolicited CVs. Please click here for details of our Agency Policy and commitment to sourcing directly.
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
Baker McKenzie has a culture of diversity and inclusion in its DNA – since our beginning, the differences of our people have helped us to work fluently across borders, cultures and practices. This is intrinsic to everything we do and underpins Baker McKenzie's vision to be the global law firm of choice. We understand that organisations work best when people with different backgrounds and points of view are brought together. We also know people perform at their best when they can be themselves at work. Baker McKenzie is committed to serving our clients with innovative solutions brought about by a diverse talent pool and an inclusive community.
The London office mirrors the wider firm in encouraging the best people, regardless of race, culture, religion or belief (if any), gender, gender identity and expression, disability, sexual orientation or age, to fulfil their professional aspirations with us so as to create an exciting and diverse legal environment.
The ideal candidate will have the following key skills and competencies to perform this role:
* Several years work experience in a professional services environment, with experience gained in Marketing and/or Business Development (Essential)
* Excellent academics, including a degree at 2.1 or above from a top university
* Strong project coordination and time management skills
* Demonstrate initiative and be a self starter
* Ability to deal with people at all levels, including partners and fee earners
* Able to present ideas and views clearly and with confidence
* Strong sense of commerciality
* Client led approach
* Creative problem solving
* Strong PowerPoint, Excel, Word and Outlook skills
* InterAction and SharePoint skills desirable
* Respects and enjoys the diversity of cultural, social and academic backgrounds found in the Firm