3 months ago
Simmons & Simmons is currently looking for a Business Development Manager to join the Financial Markets department on a 6 month fixed term contract to assist the team during a busy period. This role is a great opportunity to be a key BD contact for the department and to work with the FM Senior BD Manager and IPG Head to plan, deliver and lead incisive and value-added business development support ensuring key objectives in the business plans are achieved, with support from the Head of Practices & Markets where required.
The M&BD department has recently had a restructure for us to be able to refocus the team, this means it is an exciting time to join and contribute to this next new chapter for the department. This is currently a 6 month fixed term contract but there is a possibility this role will become permanent.
Main duties and responsibilities:
* Be a key source of knowledge within M&BD team about the work the IPG does : The individual in this role must have good knowledge and understanding of the type of legal advice and services offered by our FM practice group. There is a requirement to spend a significant amount of time learning about our capabilities and reading up on legislative developments in the FM area.
* Business planning and budget management : support the FM Senior BD Manger and IPGH (currently Jonathan Hammond), to develop a forward-looking plan for the IPG (each FY), which aligns to the firm's Business Plan. Maintain good oversight of all BD activity to ensure alignment with the plan. In consultation with the FM Senior BD Manager and IPGH, allocate budget for activities to help deliver on this plan and monitor spend against this. Challenge unplanned spend, or escalate to FM Senior BD Manager or IPGH where appropriate, and ensure there is a proper business case for spend not originally included in the budget allocation.
* Practice-specific bids/pitches : lead on bids, pitches and capability statements, working with central bids team and sector leads where appropriate.
* Thought leadership and product development : Support the FM Senior BD Manager in identifying opportunities for thought leadership campaigns/products to feed into sector campaigns and working with campaigns lead to deliver maximum RoI from each campaign.
* Reporting - Reporting to Practices & Markets team, Sector team, Client Managers, Campaigns Lead, regional team and others in the business on key trends and opportunities : actively participate in brainstorming discussions on how we can develop the opportunities highlighted.
* Profile-raising : working with PR, digital and events leads, alongside the FM Senior BD Manager to identify and effectively action opportunities to raise our profile in the areas of law covered by the IPG.
* Legal directories : review and provide final M&BD sign-off for allocated FM IPG directory submissions.
* International and cross-sector working - Liaising with Sector and regional teams to understand the sector expertise that the firm is able to offer to clients and work with the FM Senior BD Manager to ensure international cooperation and implementation of IPG plan.
* Client development : working with the client programme teams to help implement client development strategy for SAP and Priority clients, as well as directing client development initiatives within the FM IPG.
* People management - support the FM Senior BD Manager in management of FM BD Executive
* Briefing work into the M&BD Hub : provide clear briefs for work to be undertaken, and review output for accuracy and quality before sharing with fee earners.
* Minimum of 5 years' marketing / business development experience (or the equivalent of) preferably in a professional services environment.
* University degree in business, marketing or related area preferred. Professional marketing qualification is desirable.
* Strong understanding of services offered by the FM team desired.
* Has experience working with people of different cultures and preferably in an international role.
Knowledge and technical skills:
* Well-developed understanding of marketing and business development strategy and implementation.
* Strong project management skills.
* Ability to effectively manage pitch processes.
* Able to develop professional relationships and build business through diverse networks.
* Team management experience, including supporting the career development of individuals preferred.
Simmons & Simmons offer a competitive salary and a generous benefits package. If you want to join a friendly culture and work alongside innovative colleagues in a flexible working environment then do consider Simmons & Simmons for your next career move.
25 days ago
only 3 days until close
24 days ago
only 4 days until close
21 days ago
only 7 days until close
20 days ago
only 8 days until close