about 1 month ago
Nakhoda is a boutique tech start-up backed by the Magic Circle law firm Linklaters. We combine legal domain expertise and emerging technologies to create automation solutions for large corporate and financial institution clients.
Nakhoda has scaled rapidly over the past year and now has a proven track record of delivering enterprise-level SaaS applications that streamline legal processes and create accurate linguistic data ripe for exploitation. With expertise across document digitisation, legal logic, workflow management and data extraction (using NLP and machine learning), we have built our own technology suite that is already disrupting how global financial institutions negotiate derivatives documentation (ISDA Create). We are now deploying this successful technology to other sectors like technology, health and consumer goods.
The Nakhoda team, consisting of lawyers and more than 20 developers, offers a unique market-leading capability that is scaling up tech-driven creative problem-solving in the legal domain.
We are looking for a hands-on Business Development Manager with strong commercial experience in a B2B SaaS environment.
What you’ll be doing
* Drive sales and customer acquisition for Nakhoda products
* Build and execute sales processes
* Work closely with the Management team to contribute to the business development strategy
* Be involved in the packaging and pricing of new products
* Lead the onboarding programme for new clients that join Nakhoda’s platform
* Engage with clients to drive project implementations and trial/pilot conversions
* Manage relationships for key accounts, drive platform adoption and look for opportunities to up-sell and cross-sell
* Work closely with the Product team and provide inputs and feedback from front-line conversations with clients
* Minimum Bachelors Degree educated
* Minimum 2 years experience in project presentation (conferences, corporate events, etc.)
* Minimum 2 years experience in negotiating high value deals (min £3million)
* Minimum 6 months experience in international account management
* Strong commercial and business development acumen
* Comfortable operating across all stages of the sales cycle
* Experience in a B2B SaaS environment, driving sales and product roll-out (preferably for enterprise solutions)
* Ability to understand and articulate complex technical propositions in simple ways
* A champion for users, resourceful in managing client requests in an efficient manner for the business
* Strong inter-personal relationship skills, ability to engage at Senior level
* Self-organised and autonomous
* Passionate about working in a fast-growing start-up
* Interested in the legal-tech space
Please note that this role will be open from 07 October 2019 to 06 November 2019. A competitive remuneration package will be offered.
This list of duties and responsibilities above is not exhaustive. It is intended to describe the general content of, and requirements for, the performance of this job. As such, the role may also include the undertaking of additional tasks as required.
Job Offer Scams
Be alert to fictitious job opportunity posts and offers of employment which claim to be in the name of Linklaters. We have been made aware of various recruitment-related scams which ask for upfront payments, for example, for office equipment and promise start up bonuses and reimbursement in return for such payments. These scams often involve the use of email addresses similar to a genuine domain name. Genuine emails from Linklaters only use the domain of “@linklaters.com”. We will never ask you to make payments for office equipment or otherwise as part of our recruitment process. If you are in doubt about a job opportunity that appears to relate to our firm, please get in touch with us.
In the event that we make an offer to you, and where local legislation permits, we will conduct pre-engagement screening checks that may include but are not limited to your professional and academic qualifications, your eligibility to work in the relevant jurisdiction, any criminal records, your financial stability and references from previous employers. Your offer will be subject to the successful completion of these checks which will be initiated following your consent.
As a responsible business, it is important that we represent the diversity of our people, our clients and our communities. We know that diversity makes us a better law firm and helps us attract the best talent, drive innovation with diversity of thought, and deliver the best experience to everyone who comes into contact with us. We recruit on the basis of merit, irrespective of age, disability, gender, gender identity, race or ethnicity, marital status, religion, sex, sexual orientation or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
Selection decisions, and the reasons for those decisions, are recorded at each stage of the selection process. Selection criteria and, where appropriate, technical skills tests are in place to measure an individual’s ability for the safe and effective performance of a job. Those involved in recruitment and selection decisions and processes are also provided with guidance on diversity issues. If you require reasonable adjustments to be made during the selection process, please talk to a member of the recruitment team so that any required adjustments can be made in advance. Specific experience requirements advertised on a role do not intend to preclude applications from candidates who may have more or less experience. Our intention is only to indicate a guideline as to the necessary skills for the role as described.