Due to explosive growth we have a tremendous opportunity for a Corporate and Commercial Solicitor to join our Client's legal consultancy in Edgware.
We are recruiting an additional Corporate and Commercial Solicitor whose primary function will be to work with the Directors and the sales team to continue the business development with a focus on Corporate, Commercial, M&A, GDPR and Data Protection.
Your responsibilities would include:
- Working closely with the sales team to qualify and win new business from end-clients in the SME and Mid Market space
- Build relationships with intermediaries and promote legal consulting within the Client's group of businesses
- Undertake work in both the corporate and commercial legal fields with minimal supervision.
- Co-supervise a paralegal that will assist you with day-to-day fee earning work.
- Attend face to face meetings with clients and in certain cases to lead those meetings.
- To assist the Directors with developing the Corporate & Commercial division and introducing our services to prospects.
- Draft agreements and contracts, and lead due diligence exercises.
- Monitor and support the Client's retained clients.
- Fully understand the GDPR Regulations.
- Lead Corporate & Commercial updates through webinars and seminars.
- You will be required to assist in technical Corporate & Commercial law blogs and newsletters.
- Continually improve and add innovation to the Clients services around the use of technology and innovative legal systems.
- Use LEAP Case Management Software.
- Work closely with the Client's Group's accountancy and tax departments on shared clients.
An ideal Candidate's skills and experience will meet the following:
- LLB (Hons) or equivalent
- LPC or equivalent
- Qualified Solicitor with 2-5 years post qualification experience.
- Must have experience in drafting commercial and corporate contractual documentation.
- Excellent MS Office, including Excel, Word and Outlook skills.
- Ability to interact professionally with clients, able to prioritise workload and be self-sufficient.
- A team player is required as the role entails active participation in the Commercial Corporate legal team, in addition to being able to work on their own with limited guidance
The Client is offering an excellent package with a starting salary of circa £50,000+ plus bonuses, commissions, benefits and pension. In addition the Client offers excellent training and development opportunities together with a 1st class opportunity to join a rapidly expanding firm at a very exciting stage of growth.
This is a unique opportunity to join a multi-disciplinary consulting practice and to work closely with the accountancy, tax, business advisory and digital marketing departments.
Apply now in confidence to learn more about this role or alternatively call Nigel Danton direct for a confidential and informal discussion.
In the event your experience or qualifications fall outside of the indicated range but you are interested in the opportunity please feel free to apply and your application will be given full consideration.
Magenta Consulting and Recruitment Ltd is an Employment Agency. Contact us to discuss this vacancy and other positions that may be suitable.