A Law firm that specialises in Civil actions, Criminal defence and Immigration based in Central London are looking to recruit a Billing Assistant for their Costs team.
The purpose of the role is to manage a efficient and accurate billing process for the firm - for both civil and criminal work: working closely with senior management to ensure that the firm meets Legal Aid Agency requirements. Your main responsibilities would be:
- Asylum/Immigration LH, CLR and upper tribunal files
- Police Station Matters
- Magistrate Court matters
- Civil LH files
- Prison Law Files
- Submitting LH/CLR/Prison Law/Police Station/ Magistrate Court Escape Claims for assessment by the LAA within the time frame.
- Keeping a track of Matter Starts
- Assisting with Payment of invoices
To be successful in the role you will need to have:
- Experience with Legal Aid Billing and the Legal Aid System
- Experience of Legal Aid franchising
- Ability to acquire speedily and thoroughly a knowledge of the Civil legal aid system.
- Commitment to equal opportunities and civil Liberties.
The salary on offer for this position is £21,000 to £24,000.
If you would be interested in the position then please follow the links provided and if require any further information then please contact Matt Walwyn on firstname.lastname@example.org.