Kennedys is looking for a Legal Billing Assistant, on a 12 month fixed term contract basis, to join the finance team in our Chelmsford office.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- To work as part of the Billing team, alongside the Credit Control, Cashiering and Finance Database teams, to help provide a highly effective and efficient revenue service to the firm
- Assisting team members to provide a comprehensive billing service, providing administrative assistance as required
- Production of work in progress (WIP) and missing time reports as required
- Providing support in drafting bills as requested (in accordance with client service level agreements), ensuring completeness of billing information
- Tracking and chasing unsettled draft bills on a regular basis, reporting defaulters to supervising Legal Billers and/or Assistant Billing Manager
What are we looking for?
- Flexible attitude towards working practices and ability to adapt style as required
- Confident in their own abilities and in their approach
- Team player
- To be approachable and responsive to both colleagues and clients
- To be accountable and straightforward
- To be professional and courteous in all dealings
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic.
Kennedys is a global law firm with expertise in dispute resolution and advisory services. With over 1,900 people worldwide across 37 offices in the UK, Europe, Middle East, Asia Pacific and America we have some of the most respected legal minds in their field.
Winner of the British Legal Awards 2017 UK Law Firm of the year.