6 months ago
Practice group/Global Operations team:
Type of Vacancy:
Full time/Part time:
Contract/Part time details:
About Eversheds Sutherland:
Eversheds is not your average law firm and we're not looking for average people. We do things differently - in the way we treat our people and the service we provide. That's how we've become one of the largest law firms in the world and a great place to work and develop your career.
Our company commercial group handles major projects for some of the largest clients in the world both listed and private. We enable our staff to stretch their skills and gain experience few other law firms can offer. With the resources of an international firm and an award winning, innovative approach, all of our people are able to offer carefully managed, progressive business solutions that modern day organisations require.
Company Commercial are a leading practice which advises on some of the largest and most high profiles deals in the region. Thanks to our resources, we are able to adopt a much more multidisciplinary approach to the way that we do business that delivers efficiency and results.
Eversheds’ dedicated funds team has unrivalled experience of advising investment funds in the UK. It is widely recognised as one of the leading advisers in the sector, acting on behalf of more UCITS funds in the UK than any other law firm, with over 30% of this market. Our International Funds Net (IFN) service provides subscribers with a single solution to their fund registration needs.
The main focus of this role is to provide a high level of finance support to the Financial Services and IFN teams and will be responsible for a broad range of finance activities which requires a competent and assured individual to carry out core duties. This role description covers the main tasks typically required of our Billing Administration Assistants, however this may vary depending on the exact requirements of those you support.
We want individuals who can think on their feet, work well with others and gets things done. You will have the opportunity to learn new skills alongside people who are great to get on with. We fully reward you for your talents in a highly supportive environment that offers genuine career paths.
• Organising and attending monthly WIP review meetings with Revenue Controller, Partners and Associates – aiming to reduce lock-up days
• Preparing invoices and narratives in line with billing protocols. This will involve liaising with the relevant fee earners, secretaries and the accounts team
• Collating estimates and proformas, processing proformas, write-offs and transfers
• Running off narratives and quality control of invoices
• Distribution of invoices ensuring an organised paper trail exists
• Use of Elite Web View, Elite Enterprise and Fusion Metastorm
• Daily use of Microsoft Excel for creating reports with use of pivot tables and formulae
• Devising and implementing billing protocols for key clients
• Assisting the Team with ad hoc billing queries and tasks
• Liaising with clients, chasing for payment and dealing with client queries
• Monthly debt meetings with Credit Control and Partner
• Quarterly dashboard meetings with head of Revenue Control Manager and Practice Group Head
• Creating reports and schedules for large clients
• Updating the team on figures for the month/quarter as well as producing Individual debt reports for all earners
• Use of Credit Force
• Maintaining and updating various sections of the International Funds Net website for clients to have relevant documentation and updates
• monitoring client mailboxes, Uploading instructions and maintaining matter matrix
• Legal research for news and changes in law relating to Funds
Skills and experience:
In addition to the above, Eversheds also require awareness and full participation in the Firm’s commitment to equality and diversity, the environment and health and safety.
As a valued team member you will be polite, co-operative and upbeat with all colleagues, caring about your own performance and the team’s. You will be adaptable, contribute positively to new team initiatives and project a positive and professional image of the firm to clients. You will demonstrate a “can do” attitude, seek opportunities to grow. You will help to seek solutions and use initiative to start to anticipate the needs of the team and taking appropriate action.
In addition to this, you will demonstrate good time management, confidence in own ability and be professional and friendly when dealing with clients.
It is essential that you have confident communication skills, good understanding of basic computer packages and build on this knowledge by attending appropriate training courses
We're a modern, progressive law firm. We think differently and we've built a culture where individual skills and personalities can shine through. At Eversheds, we believe that innovation comes from a culture of genuine equality and diversity and we are happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments individuals may require in the recruitment process, or once in post.