about 1 month ago
Under the guidance of the Practice & Sector BD & Marketing (‘BDM’) Manager and/or the Practice & Sector BDM advisor/executive, this role will support the practice/sector and BDM colleagues in executing the business development and marketing requirements across certain groups in the firm’s Corporate Division in London. to execute the firm’s business development and marketing requirements.
In conjunction with the managers/advisors, Tthis role will take end to end ownership of pitch opportunities for their areas (with support of the firm’s Pitch Assistance Centre (‘PAC’)), and support on all other aspects of the marketing mix. This includes: management of credentials, campaigns and initiatives, drafting targeted marketing collateral and briefing notes, provision of client overviews and relationship documents to support client meetings/trips, client reporting, managing directories, award and league table submissions and supporting the delivery of practice/sector marketing plans, etc.
Key responsibilities and challenges
Responsibility for supporting the business across certain mainstream and specialist groups within the Corporate Division, working closely with the practice and sector managers/, advisors/executive practice, sector, PSL PAC, Pitch Team and CRM managers and relevant Business Teams. Activities to support this include:
* providing end to end pitch management (with support from PAC) for standard pitches and working with Strategic Pitch team on complex opportunities where they are involved
* working with the manager/advisors to maintain current and accurate credentials and manage the related infrastructure (MatterExplorer and Pitch Perfect)
* supporting BDM marketing initiatives, working with the various internal (local and global) BDM teams and lawyers to execute
* supporting the execution of sector and practice BDMMarketing plans
* drafting marketing collateral and briefing/client notes
* provision of client/sector/practice overviews to support client meetings and trips
* working with practice/sector and PAC to ensure marketing collateral (credentialscapability summaries, flyers, CVs etc.) are well maintained while making full use of the systems available to us (Matter Explorer, Client Book, Pitch Perfect etc.)
* management of distribution lists for working with PSLs and the business to deliver timely and focused client materialsnewsletters, mailings/webinars and briefings. This involves list management to ensure our clients receive targeted material
* Drafting/project management of the UK directory, awards and league table submission process
* Supporting certain aspects of secondment management
* supporting the development and executions of internal and external practice, sector and strategic initiative communicationss
* promoting assisting in all aspects of raising the profile the sector/practice internally and externally, including through close coordination with the central Marketing Communications team)
* working with PSLs and the business to supporting the planning and delivery of client mailings, seminars, webinars, roundtables and conferences
* responsibility for drafting and project managing the UK directories, awards and league table submissions
* supporting on Thought Leadership campaigns
* Delivering timely client material in an innovative and efficient way
Best practice, quality and standards
* Ensure all work-flow processes are followed, identify opportunities for process improvement, efficiency and promote best practice tools and materials. Ensure that the highest standard of work is delivered back to the practice. Be innovative and challenge the norm.
* Build close working relationships with the practice, sector, CRM, marketing managers, other relevant Business Teams and lawyers and seek regular feedback on your output to assess quality, consistency and timeliness of delivery and identify any areas for improvement.
* To help drive continuous improvement, collate statistics and report back on trends, including the types and volumes of work supported for practice and sectors.
Characteristics, Skills & Experience required:
* Excellent communicator (written and verbal)
* Can-do attitude and enthusiasm
* Strong drive and initiative
* strong attention to detail and commitment to quality
* Comfortable in dealing with senior people
* Robust and unflappable – ability to bounce back when challenged
* Highly flexible
* Team work mentality – understanding that successful delivery relies on a team of people
Education / Qualification
* Degree qualified
* Relevant marketing qualification (desirable)
* Relevant experience in BD/Marketing in a law firm or professional services firm
* Broad understanding of how a law firm operates
* Legal directories and awards submissions processes
* Experience of working with TMT/IP, M&A, private equity teams in a previous role (desirable)
* Excellent time management and organisational skills
* Highly PC and IT literate
* Good presentation skills
* Confident to run meetings and take control of actions
* Solid project management skills
* Business and commercial awareness
* Ability to think strategically
* An understanding of how businesses operate and make decisions
Information for Recruitment Agents
Linklaters endeavours to recruit and fill vacancies directly. However, when we do need to engage with agencies, Linklaters operates a preferred supplier list and will not be accepting unsolicited applications from non-PSL agencies for this role.
Job Offer Scams
Be alert to fictitious job opportunity posts and offers of employment which claim to be in the name of Linklaters.
We have been made aware of various recruitment-related scams which ask for upfront payments, for example, for office equipment and promise start up bonuses and reimbursement in return for such payments.
These scams often involve the use of email addresses similar to a genuine domain name.
Genuine emails from Linklaters only use the domain of “@linklaters.com”.
We will never ask you to make payments for office equipment or otherwise as part of our recruitment process. If you are in doubt about a job opportunity that appears to relate to our firm, please get in touch with us.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not exhaustive. It is intended to describe the general content of, and requirements for, the performance of this job. As such, the role may also include the undertaking of additional tasks as required.
As a responsible business, it is important that we represent the diversity of our people, our clients and our communities. We know that diversity makes us a better law firm and helps us attract the best talent, drive innovation with diversity of thought, and deliver the best experience to everyone who comes into contact with us. We recruit on the basis of merit, irrespective of age, disability, gender, gender identity, race or ethnicity, marital status, religion, sex, sexual orientation or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
Selection decisions, and the reasons for those decisions, are recorded at each stage of the selection process. Selection criteria and, where appropriate, technical skills tests are in place to measure an individual’s ability for the safe and effective performance of a job. Those involved in recruitment and selection decisions and processes are also provided with guidance on diversity issues. If you require reasonable adjustments to be made during the selection process, please talk to a member of the recruitment team so that any required adjustments can be made in advance.
Specific experience requirements advertised on a role do not intend to preclude applications from candidates who may have more or less experience. Our intention is only to indicate a guideline as to the necessary skills for the role as described.