4 months ago
The AR team provide dedicated matter support to ensure projects are completed accurately, on time and to the clients’ satisfaction.
UK based, but able to provide global matter support.
* Occasionally expected to be on call 24/7 during busy periods.
* Member of the Business Team, working with the Practice to achieve client led deadlines.
* Possesses an eagerness to see the job through to completion and displays strong communication, ownership and time management skills.
* Sufficient gravitas and experience to work effectively with more senior colleagues including Partners, Managing Associates and Clients.
Key responsibilities and challenges
Assistance on specific projects requiring specific legal training and knowledge, including, but not limited to:
* Assisting with large artificial intelligence project – input into processes, delivering projects using technology and drafting key documents
* Work related to UK ringfencing legislation
* Compiling, managing and taking ownership of Conditions Precedent processes
* Completing company checklists
* Drafting core and auxiliary transaction documents
* Matter management support
* Pre and post closing assistance
* Preparing execution documents for signing
* Legal Research
* Taking instructions from the practice on, and completing, miscellaneous ad hoc tasks as required
Legal Technology Awareness
* Ability to use and good working knowledge of platforms and supporting technology, including post-closing assistance tools, legal research tools and due diligence platforms. Being generally technology savvy is important given that a large portion of the work will involve the use of artificial intelligence.
Assistance on specific projects requiring administrative skills and common sense, including:
* Preparing folder structures
* Copy Checking/Archiving
Point of Reference
* Provide assistance to Transaction Support Manager in the smooth running of tasks, including liaising professionally and efficiently with Lawyers and Clients on specific projects.
* Perform duties in accordance with agreed instructions / procedures.
* Report on work in progress and any service issues to Transaction Support Manager.
* Assist and provide best practice guidance to fellow paralegals and support lawyers.
* Ability to work autonomously where necessary, with a proactive and confident approach.
* Will work in all Alternative Resourcing teams, and at external client sites as and when required.
* Demonstrate a strong understanding of the legal market and what external factors influence it
* Anticipate and be reactive to changing client instructions and transactional requirements
Skills/ Experience/ Qualifications Required
* Located within commuting distance to central London
* Ability to work within a pressurised environment
* Willingness to work long hours where there is the requirement to do so
* Strong attention to detail (especially on time consuming and repetitive tasks)
* Imaginative, highly motivated and driven to excel
* Team player but able to work autonomously where necessary
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
* Demonstrates strong commitment to maintaining high levels of customer service
* Approachable and willing to learn new skills and take on responsibility
* Appreciation of the culturally diverse environment in which the firm operate
Education / Qualification
* Law degree (or equivalent) and LPC/BPTC
* Qualified Lawyer
* Fluent in English.
* Strong awareness of MS office applications including Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint)
* Extremely organised - able to prioritise and manage workload
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
* Excellent eye for detail and presentation
* Good office administration skills
* Quality assurance and customer service experience
* Attention to detail
* Good business acumen
* Sound understanding of legal market
Job Offer Scams
Be alert to fictitious job opportunity posts and offers of employment which claim to be in the name of Linklaters.
We have been made aware of various recruitment-related scams which ask for upfront payments, for example, for office equipment and promise start up bonuses and reimbursement in return for such payments.
These scams often involve the use of email addresses similar to a genuine domain name.
Genuine emails from Linklaters only use the domain of “@linklaters.com”.
We will never ask you to make payments for office equipment or otherwise as part of our recruitment process. If you are in doubt about a job opportunity that appears to relate to our firm, please get in touch with us.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not exhaustive. It is intended to describe the general content of, and requirements for, the performance of this job. As such, the role may also include the undertaking of additional tasks as required.
As a responsible business, it is important that we represent the diversity of our people, our clients and our communities. We know that diversity makes us a better law firm and helps us attract the best talent, drive innovation with diversity of thought, and deliver the best experience to everyone who comes into contact with us. We recruit on the basis of merit, irrespective of age, disability, gender, gender identity, race or ethnicity, marital status, religion, sex, sexual orientation or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
Selection decisions, and the reasons for those decisions, are recorded at each stage of the selection process. Selection criteria and, where appropriate, technical skills tests are in place to measure an individual’s ability for the safe and effective performance of a job. Those involved in recruitment and selection decisions and processes are also provided with guidance on diversity issues. If you require reasonable adjustments to be made during the selection process, please talk to a member of the recruitment team so that any required adjustments can be made in advance.
Specific experience requirements advertised on a role do not intend to preclude applications from candidates who may have more or less experience. Our intention is only to indicate a guideline as to the necessary skills for the role as described.