Banking Solicitor - Associate/Senior Associate - Birmingham
Market leading law firm is seeking a Banking Solicitor to join its highly successful Funding & Finance team in Birmingham working on complex funding and finance-related projects. This opportunity is offered on a full-time permanent basis and with on-going part remote working and flexible working patterns accommodated.
As a Banking Solicitor in this team, you would:
- Have the opportunity to join a highly regarded team of banking lawyers who are recognised for the quality of their work advising on the financing of housing associations, social enterprises, charities, health and social care entities and local authorities. Examples of recent work within the team: advising on multi-million pound debut bond issues and advising a housing group on a joint venture with a national house builder and raising funding in excess of £4bn for an affordable homes project.
Specifically, work may include:
· Finance projects related to bonds, private placements, revolving credit facilities and joint ventures, as well as securitisation and charging of assets.
To be successful in your application for this Banking Associate vacancy, you will have:
- A minimum of four years' post qualification experience in this area and the ability to work on your own initiative e.g. playing a key role in smaller acquisitions, as well as being part of a team on larger and more complex transactions.
- An interest in the healthcare, social housing and social business sectors.
- A good teamwork ethic.
- A positive and proactive outlook.
- An interest in playing a proactive role in business development including writing articles and delivering client training.
The successful Banking Solicitor will be rewarded with:
- A competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package.
- Flexible, supportive and inclusive team environment.
- Good work/life balance (1200 chargeable hours target).
- The opportunity to carve out a niche acting for clients in the social business sectors.
- The opportunity to work on a wide range of corporate transactions for an interesting client base who are focused on improving public services, healthcare and housing.
To be considered for this Banking Associate vacancy, apply here with an up to date copy of your CV or contact Donna Jones at BCL Legal for further information.
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.