12 months ago
The Banking group is recognised as a leading international practice and acts for financial institutions, funds and major corporates on a broad range of transactions. The deals that the group are involved in span a wide range of work areas and almost all deals are multi-jurisdictional.
Our leveraged finance team is known for being solution-driven and commercially aware. It represents the pre-eminent creditors and debtors in the European, Asian and U.S. markets.
Our international and domestic experience across a wide range of industrial and financial sectors means we are able to anticipate and address the requirements of all parties to a transaction.
Our involvement in the leading deals has put our team at the cutting edge of the leveraged financial markets ensuring our familiarity with the latest products. It has also enabled us to offer clients constructive and practical advice, balancing the competing requirements of all involved using our knowledge of market expectations.
Key responsibilities and challenges
* Analysing market precedents.
* Advising on what is standard and what is not.
* Taking instructions internally or externally.
* Researching the appropriate primary and secondary sources to correctly identify and analyse issues.
* Advising client, judging appropriately when to seek advice and when to advise without supervision.
* Drafting using the correct precedents.
* Reviewing documentation while appreciating legal and commercial arguments and client goals.
* Anticipating and meeting deadlines.
Client Relationship Management
* Being responsive to client needs.
* Adopting an appropriate tone with all parties to the deal.
* Exceeding client expectations by anticipating client needs and resolving problems.
* Enhancing team’s client knowledge.
* Relaying client feedback to the responsible Partner or Managing Associate.
* Building and maintaining co-operative, communicative relationships with the client team.
* Contributing effectively in client meetings.
* Keeping up-to-date with market developments and their implications.
* Contributing to business planning – demonstrating awareness of the firm’s strategic direction.
* Contributing to client pitches.
* Networking with more senior client contacts, maximising potential of each contact.
* Candidates will need between two and four years’ post qualification experience.
* Candidates will ideally have experience in Leveraged Finance, ideally including incurrence technology.
* Strong written and oral communication skills.
* Ability to assimilate and process information quickly.
* Ability to respond very quickly under pressure.
* Networking skills.
* Ability to communicate assertively when under pressure.
* Ability to influence using appropriate techniques.
* Inspires confidence, drawing on own and others’ experience.
* Calm under pressure.
* Innovative and resilient.
* Team player and relationship builder.
* Motivates others.
* Seeking a career in Leveraged Finance.
Please note that this role will be open from 26 March to 26 April. A competitive remuneration package will be offered.
How to Apply
Please apply online via the link below.