7 months ago
Who we are looking for
The PwC Northern Ireland Practice is currently looking to recruit several Audit Seniors and Assistant Managers for our Assurance practice based in Belfast.
With more than 500 clients in the region, the Northern Ireland Assurance practice is a great place to build a career. We are able to offer some flexibility in the role with opportunities to build a varied portfolio and can tailor this so that the role is suitable to your particular strengths. The Belfast office offers opportunities ranging from listed companies to small entrepreneurial companies, inbound companies and public sector entities.
Our Assurance services, including external and internal audit, use the latest technology and off shore delivery centres, to reduce the level of manual testing required by our teams in the UK, ensuring our people focus on the most valuable areas of client service.
We have a diverse client base and work as a diverse team, welcoming people from a range of backgrounds. We are an inclusive organisation who celebrates difference. The role is largely based in Belfast, however some flexibility in relation to travel will be expected to serve the regional nature of our client base.
About the role
Joining as an Audit Senior or Assistant Manager, you will work in teams of varying size. You are likely to work across a range of different sectors and you can expect to be involved in a variety of interesting and challenging work. Your responsibilities will include:
• Providing audit and business advice to a variety of clients
• Building and maintaining strong relationships with new and established clients
• Working as part of a team, liaising with both client and other specialist staff in the practice to provide high quality client services
• Providing an on-site coordination role for audit clients including the coaching and training of junior staff
• Supervising teams and reporting directly to senior staff
• Working with the Assurance team to grow the business
We are able to offer some flexibility in the role to ensure that the role is suitable to your particular strengths.
• Amount of time office based: approximately 20%
• Amount of time at client sites: approximately 80%
• Need to travel/overnight stays away from home: Yes occasional travel required.
• Opportunity for flexible working (hours)?: Yes
• Opportunity for working from home?: Yes, dependant on business need. We encourage flexibility to allow people to commit to out of work interests and responsibilities.
• Opportunity for job sharing?: No
We are seeking candidates with the following skills and qualifications:
• Be ACA or similarly qualified
• Experience of working with IFRS and/or UK GAAP
• Experience of audit work from the planning stages onwards
• Flexibility in your approach to meeting goals as part of the team
• Ability to communicate clearly with colleagues and clients at all levels
• A proven track record of establishing and maintaining strong relationships
• A proactive approach to problem solving and delivering client solutions
• You will have experience of interacting with clients at all levels and developing/maintaining business relationships
• Candidates will also be required to demonstrate an awareness of Business Development activities and how they could contribute to such initiatives
Assurance is a dynamic place to be right now, and the variety of opportunities on offer is unprecedented. It’s work that really does matter. It matters for businesses, governments and society at large. Our team provides confidence on the most complex decisions companies have to take and this provides a wealth of opportunities to everyone who joins us and works with us.
The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, ‘The PwC Professional’ and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool, as well as those who reflect the diverse nature of our society. And we aim to encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths. Creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business and as an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we're open to flexible working arrangements where appropriate.