A national, full service law firm employing over 850 people nationally is seeking a commercial and/or regulatory Associate/Legal Director to join their Energy team.
You can be based remotely or work from any of their office hubs on a hybrid basis.
The team acts for a wide range of clients including major utility companies in the water, gas and electricity sectors, as well as developers and funders of energy (including low carbon and renewable energy infrastructure projects such as wind, solar, battery and biomass, and electric vehicles).
They advise clients on how changing energy regulation will impact their businesses and on the full range of commercial contracts which they enter into when operating in the energy sector.
They are looking for an experienced commercial contracts and/or regulatory associate or legal director who is ambitious and passionate about this area of law. This opportunity offers the chance to have an accelerated career path.
Work would include:
* a wide range of energy and related commercial work
* drafting and amending of industry codes and agreements including supply agreements, customer terms and conditions, balancing services agreements, power purchase agreements, wholesale trading agreements and connection agreements
* regulatory matters including compliance work
* project management of cross-disciplinary teams
* advising on relevant European law
* advising on EU and UK law policy in areas related to climate change
* advising on procurement law
* client development and management
* supervising and managing junior fee earners
Skills and experience you will have:
* a minimum of 5 years' relevant experience working in, or for energy sector participants
* project management skills
* knowledge of formulation of EU law
* a good grasp of project finance concepts and an appreciation of land law issues associated with infrastructure projects
* a proven ability to generate new business
* ability to manage your workload
* an understanding of clients as our business partners
* ambition, leadership capability and vision to work as a team to grow the business
* being able to bring a client following would be advantageous & would be reflected in incoming level of seniority (for Legal Director role)
Key competencies you will need:
* a high degree of initiative and the ability to cope in a high performance environment
* excellent organisational and prioritising skills
* excellent communication skills
This role will be predominantly home based with travel as and when required into any one of their national office hubs.
* Pension scheme matching 5% of contributions (after probation)
* Private medical insurance
* Life assurance 4x basic salary (can increase to 6x at your own cost)
* 27 days holiday plus bank holidays
* Ability to buy 5 days holiday plus have a day off for your birthday!
* Plus a wide range of flex benefits.
If you are interested in this role, please contact Clare Rumble at BCL Legal
Looking for Solicitor jobs in UK? Browse hundreds of latest Solicitor vacancies updated daily on one of the UK's top law job sites. Simply Law Jobs prides itself in helping thousands of people build their Solicitor careers in UK.
Click below button to browse other Solicitor opportunities in UK:
If you're an employer looking for Solicitor recruitment, get in touch with us by clicking on the button below: