8 months ago
About Gowling WLG
We have more than 1,400 legal professionals working around the world. Our offices span across 19 cities in Canada, the UK, Continental Europe, Asia and the Middle East. There's strength in our global presence – we embrace our differing cultures and work together as one team. We also understand the importance of investing in relationships that build knowledge and trust, while we provide legal advice that's tailored to our clients' world.
'Our people and distinct culture are what makes us different. We know this through client and employee feedback and this drives everything we do'' Chris Oglethorpe, HR Director.
There are great opportunities for all our people to flourish. Through training and personal development they can grow in their role. Our people are the cornerstone of our success, across legal, business support and early talent. We care about their happiness and believe in the power of teamwork. We want them to feel empowered and recognise that by supporting, respecting and embracing everyone's different contributions we achieve more.
Working flexibly, working fairly
Agile working offers people more freedom and flexibility in where, when, and how they work. As technology advances and our workforce becomes more diverse – and with clients often working to a 24/7 rhythm – having extra flexibility is key to helping us balance work and other commitments sensibly and productively.
By supporting people to choose where and when they get their work done, we help them to make a full and fair contribution to their team – while maintaining that all important work-life balance.
Where possible and depending on business needs, we will consider all flexible working options such as part-time working, job sharing, working from home and staggered hours. If in considering a role with Gowling WLG you favour flexibility in your working arrangements, please discuss this with the recruitment team in the early stages of the application process.
About the Team
The very highest quality legal advice delivered through a partner-led service makes our Corporate team a popular choice with clients ranging from the world's leading financial institutions and public companies to private businesses and entrepreneurs.
The team has extensive experience across the full spectrum of corporate advice including equity capital markets on AIM and the Full List, investment funds, private equity and both public and private mergers and acquisitions.
This transactional expertise is combined with sector knowledge including energy and natural resources, financial institutions, advanced engineering, health and life sciences, technology, infrastructure, government, insurance and funds.
Due to continued growth and success within our market leading Corporate practice, we are looking for M&A and Private Equity focussed lawyers to join our team in London.
For more information on our Corporate practice, please click on the following link:
Main Purpose of the Job
Advising on mainstream corporate work for FTSE 100/250, Fortune 500 companies and private equity clients. Working closely with London-based partners.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
Working in the Corporate Group, which comprises over 70 fee earning staff across the firm, advising on a broad range of work for major corporate and private equity clients including:
* National and international acquisitions and disposals – assets and shares
* Transaction negotiation/strategy
* Public markets transactions and IPOs/secondary fund raising
* Auction sales
* Due diligence
* Group reorganisations
* Pre-sale planning and preparation
* Project management
* Joint venture, investment, and shareholder agreements
* Transaction Structuring
Key skills and experience
* A proven, demonstrable, track record of advising on corporate transactions and general corporate governance issues
* Post qualification experience undertaken within a corporate team
* Proven experience of running transactions without partner level support
* Experience of advising on all aspects of mergers and acquisitions
* Experience of fundraising and investment structures, including FSMA aspects
* Experience of private equity work would be advantageous but is not essential
* Experience of establishing and maintaining long-term client relationships, preferably with client secondment experience
* Experience of providing assistance to less experienced team members and assisting with training initiatives
* Experience of getting involved or taking responsibility for marketing initiatives including delivering training and briefing notes
Gowling WLG is committed both to promoting equality and diversity in the firm and to Equal Opportunities in employment. The firm believes in equality of opportunity regardless of race or racial group (including colour, nationality, ethnicity, national origins), religion, caste or belief, age, disability, gender, gender identity, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, marriage and civil partnerships, surrogacy, adoption and parental rights. This also includes any incidents of perceptive or associative discrimination and harassment.