We are looking for an experienced practitioner to consolidate and build our farms and landed estates practice. You will be able to work from either of our Thames Valley offices, Oxford or Reading, or from our South Coast Office in Chandler's Ford. The property teams are spread across all our offices and part of the role will be to consolidate our Farms and Landed Estates offering. You will be able to rely on support from team members across the firm including working closely with our private client teams. Our lawyer teams are also well supported by our Business Services Finance, HR, IT and Risk functions.
We are currently developing our smart working experience and keen to achieve work life balance on an individual basis. We would initially look to see you working three days in the office whilst the role is established and then to agree that balance going forward. You will be a core part of the team and able to access the technology, support and the resources you require to enable to you work effectively from both the office and from home.
Skills / Experience Required
You will have experience in working for clients who are owners of farms and landed estates. This experience should include dealing with agricultural tenancies, farming subsidies, diversification projects and the sale and purchase of large land holdings. Commercially aware, you will be technically competent, capable of working autonomously within a supportive team. There is real potential to shape the role with future partnership prospects.
* Confident, enthusiastic and personable, able to deal effectively with demanding clients
* Good communication skills (oral and written)
* Ability and enthusiasm to become involved in practice development
* Exemplary client relationship management skills and commitment to service excellence
* A team player - willing to support others and be flexible
* Strong technical competence and intellectual ability
* Motivated and ambitious
* Ability to think creatively when advising clients
* Committed to rigour around treating all clients fairly
* Focused on attributing dedication, determination and loyalty to colleagues, clients and communities
* Able to demonstrate continuous development and diversity in thinking
* Understands and complies with Information Security responsibilities commensurate with this role including Data Protection and the duty of confidentiality
Blake Morgan is one of the UK's leading full service law firms, with offices in London, Wales, Thames Valley and the South Coast region. We provide our clients with practical and straightforward legal advice whatever their regional, national and international requirements. Our clients are commercial businesses, not-for-profit organisations, government agencies and private individuals.
Our business groups are:
Banking and Finance
Commercial and Charities
Commercial Recoveries and Travel
Employment, Pensions, Benefits & Immigration
Our Culture and Environment
We pride ourselves on our Personality, which is weaved into everything we do for our staff, clients and communities alike. We have created an environment underpinned by our ACTS framework that places high value on being:
It's part of the way we like to do things. If you wish to work amongst colleagues with these behaviours, then you will find yourself amongst likeminded individuals at Blake Morgan.
We work as one team and believe in supporting our colleagues to strengthen the firm. We act honestly and openly in all that we do. We care for our communities and encourage all our people to actively participate in our sports, social and charitable activities. We foster a mature and smart flexible working environment which is family friendly. We also offer opportunities to develop your skills and knowledge and to progress within the firm via our Blake Morgan Academy.
Blake Morgan strives to create and maintain a positive, non-discriminatory work environment. We will ensure that all applications for vacancies will be considered without discrimination against any person on the basis of race, colour, religion, disability, nationality, ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, age or marital status. We strive to ensure that our shortlisting and interviewing panels are diverse. Further details about our commitment to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion can be found here.
Some of the benefits of working at Blake Morgan include:
* 26 days' annual holiday and option to purchase 1 weeks' leave
* Birthday holiday, should your birthday fall on a working day
* Performance related bonus scheme
* Profit share scheme
* Private medical insurance including access to a health advice helpline
* Auto-enrolment pension scheme (5% employer pension contribution when employee contributes 3%)
* Life assurance scheme
* Critical illness cover
* Cash Plan - claim for flu jab, health screening, optical and dental plus a range of wellbeing and health services
* Employee Assistance Programme
* Professional subscriptions
* Season ticket loan (Cardiff, London and Reading)
* Cycle to work scheme
* Discounts at leading retailers
* Volunteering leave
* Recruitment referral scheme
* Gifts at key lifestyle and career milestones
Looking for Legal And Compliance Administrator jobs in UK? Browse hundreds of latest Legal And Compliance Administrator vacancies updated daily on one of the UK's top law job sites. Simply Law Jobs prides itself in helping thousands of people build their Legal And Compliance Administrator careers in UK.
Click below button to browse other Legal And Compliance Administrator opportunities in UK:
If you're an employer looking for Legal And Compliance Administrator recruitment, get in touch with us by clicking on the button below: