2 months ago
Founded by Victor Mishcon in a one-room office in Brixton in 1937 we now have offices in London and New York, employ more than 800 people, with over 500 lawyers offering a wide range of legal services to companies and individuals. In every area of the law that we operate, Mishcon de Reya prides itself in providing a best in class service to its clients. Specifically we offer the following legal services: corporate; dispute resolution; employment; family; private client; and real estate. An entrepreneurial spirit - where candour and involvement are key - characterises our ability to develop and execute the strategies required to achieve our clients’ goals in all these areas. We are an independent firm with an international footprint that extends far beyond our offices in London and New York.
Beyond offering a premier service for the full range of issues clients face during separation or divorce, we are also able to meet the needs they encounter in their wider personal and business lives. This includes reputation management, corporate and commercial advice and a wide variety of litigation issues. Our dedication to pushing the boundaries for the benefit of our clients sets us apart from other family lawyers and their firms.
The successful candidate will have at least 3 years' experience, from a top London or national/regional practice, advising high-net-worth individuals with their complex family disputes. The role involves working closely with colleagues from across the Firm as well as a variety of professionals in private banks, family offices and other intermediary organisations. The ideal candidate will therefore have the ability to adopt a creative, pragmatic and commercial approach to the following:
* Pre-nuptial and pre-civil partnership agreements
* Family breakdown and Trusts
* Family breakdown and Companies
* International family breakdown
* Divorce and dissolution of civil partnerships
* Children's issues
* Relationship breakdown of unmarried couples
Suitable candidates will demonstrate a degree of entrepreneurial flair and gravitas in order to flourish in our dynamic working environment. In addition to a strong academic background, excellent technical skills and a keen eye for detail. Excellent written and verbal communication skills are a pre-requisite as are organisational and client care skills.
Candidates will be naturally self-motivated, enthusiastic and possess a positive attitude towards challenges and change. Candidates will need to be able to inspire the trust and confidence of clients and senior colleagues and possess a willingness to undertake business development activities both internally and externally.
* The successful candidate will be a qualified solicitor with at least 3 year's post-qualified experience within a top tier London or national/regional firm
* Strong case management experience and first hand exposure to high net-worth private clients is essential
* Strong technical knowledge and analytical skills
* An ability to deal with clients in a sensitive, professional and competent way
* Commercial and driven with an interest in business development and marketing activities
* Excellent attention to detail, listening skills and organisational skills
* Ability to effectively manage own workload
* Ability to communicate effectively with people at all levels and develop strong relationships both with clients and colleagues across the firm
* Personable and confident, with the ability to work independently and as part of a team
* Resilient and calm under pressure
* Demonstrates a pragmatic and flexible approach with the ability to think laterally
* Proactive and takes initiative
Please note that this job profile is not an exhaustive list of duties but merely an outline of the key components of the role. You may be required by your line manager to take on additional responsibilities when requested.
Diversity & Inclusion lie at the heart of our core values. At Mishcon de Reya, our aim is to promote and foster a culture which embraces diversity, respect for the individual and the expression of talent, to empower individuals to fulfil their, and the firm’s, potential. In order to support this, we recognise the importance of flexible and agile working and are open to having conversations on how this could work for you and our business.