6 months ago
The sourcing and technology practice within Norton Rose Fulbright comprises of IT and outsourcing specialists in teams across US, Canada, Europe, the Middle East, Africa, Asia and Australia. Our London team, which has grown as a result of recent internal partner promotions, advises on the full range of IT and sourcing matters including major multi-jurisdictional projects, for clients ranging from start-ups to Tech giants and major multinational corporations. We are ranked band 1 for fintech and have advised on most of the significant blockchain consortium projects this year including for Vakt (banking and energy commodities trading platform), Batavia (5 banks procuring a global trade finance platform) and Wilson (7 banks procuring a global supply chain platform). We are also involved in a number of high end complex multi-jurisdictional outsourcings for banks, insurers and other corporates.
Most of our work has a cross-border dimension. As a result, we regularly work with colleagues from across our global network, including through international secondments from and to other offices.
We are currently looking for a mid-level associate to work within the sourcing practice (which sits alongside the transactional IP and data practices) in the London Corporate department.
An opportunity has arisen for a mid-level associate with a focus on IT and outsourcing to join the global team in London.
Skills and Experience Required
The ideal candidate will have:
* A strong background in IT/Outsourcing
* Experience of drafting and negotiating agreements relating to a broad range of sourcing transactions
* Experience of managing multi-jurisdictional projects
* Experience of a similar role at a leading legal practice
* An international outlook and entrepreneurial mindset
* Business development skills and enthusiasm to help build our practice further
* Excellent academic background
Candidates also are expected to:
* Develop and apply technical knowledge and professional skills
* Focus on efficiency
* Develop our business/clients (maintain client relationships and deliver excellent service)
* Work effectively with and through people
Promote and demonstrate ‘good citizenship’ (values and strategic priorities