Our Serious Injury team are looking to recruit an Associate with experience in catastrophic personal injury. In this role you'll head up a small team of legal specialists, working together to achieve the best outcome for each of our clients.
About the Role
We have an exciting opportunity for an Associate to join our specialist Serious Injury team in Wakefield. As an Associate you will be an ambassador for Minster Law, contributing to the department strategy and growth of the team. As well as managing a sub team, which may include trainee and NQ solicitors, the successful applicant will handle a small caseload of catastrophic personal injury matters, progressing the cases through to settlement.
The main responsibilities include:
* Ensuring an excellent standard of client care is delivered to clients who have suffered from a traumatic and life changing injury, on both your cases and that of your team's.
* Motivate and lead the team ensuring clear objectives and development plans are in place.
* Ensure that cases are effectively progressed within the team.
* Assist the Operations Manager with embedding new working practices and procedures.
* Raising awareness of the department and developing your professional profile. We have close links with APIL, Headway, SIA and you will be involved in our work in supporting these organisations. For example reporting cases, preparing articles, testimonials.
You'll be a qualified solicitor or Fellow of CILEx with a minimum of 8 years PQE and proven experience managing a caseload of catastrophic injury cases valued in excess of GBP 1 million. With a strong professional profile you will be committed to developing that, and the profile of the Minster Serious Injury team, further with our external stakeholders and clients.
You will be an experienced litigator and have practical knowledge of the court procedures. As an Associate you will provide technical supervision and guidance to the sub team and as such previous experience in a similar role would be advantageous. To succeed in this role you will have a customer centric approach to your work and be committed to achieving the right outcome for each of our clients.
Minster Law are personal injury specialists with specific expertise in accidents involving a vehicle or on a motorcycle. We continually strive to deliver the best support and results for our clients and partners by taking learnings from inside and outside of the legal industry and implementing them in creative and innovative ways.
Our people are united in their ambition to do the best for every client regardless of severity of injury and level of support needed. The service we provide builds trust with our clients who know they can rely on us when they need us most.
About our Benefits
In addition to the salary of GBP 49,000 - GBP 66,000 and all of the usual benefits (pension, life assurance, PMI, 25-30 days holiday), we understand that it's the small things that make people feel appreciated. So our benefits package also includes:
* Up to 15% bonus based on individual contribution
* Health Care Cash plan covering health and wellbeing costs
* Quarterly Megadraw where you can win some fantastic prizes
* Free fruit and at desk massages
* Competitive colleague referral schemes
The closing date for this role is 25th November 2019. Please note that interviews may be undertaken prior to the closing date.
If you would like more information about this role please contact our Careers Team at