9 months ago
Birketts is a full service, top 100 UK law firm, operating in Cambridge, Chelmsford, Ipswich, Norwich and the surrounding areas.
With a rich heritage spanning over 150 years we’ve built an enviable track record advising businesses, institutions and individuals in the UK and internationally.
Throughout our history our ethos has remained simple: we provide clear legal advice and value and insight to our clients.
We set out to truly understand our clients’ needs and help realise their ambitions.
We believe that through this approach and a combination of technical excellence and high quality service we can develop long-lasting partnerships and become our clients' solicitor of choice.
Our Property Litigation Team acts for a wide range of clients including private individuals, partnerships, trusts, registered social landlords and corporate clients in both the public and private sectors, providing essential support to what clients and legal commentators consider to be one of the largest and best regarded property departments in the East of England. The depth and range of the team's expertise enables us to provide our clients with fast and cost-effective solutions on all manner of property disputes ranging from the straightforward to the most complex.
The team also provides advice on a host of other property related matters including planning, licensing, judicial review, compulsory purchase, public rights of way, common land and village greens.
Purpose of job
We are looking for a Solicitor/Associate to cover a broad range of work across the department, with a view to developing particular interest as his or her career progresses.
There will be a particularly need to work in the growing telecoms property field (application of Electronic Communications Code to property).
The position will be working with partners James Robinson and Richard Eaton in the Ipswich team.
* Commercial landlord and tenant eg. 54 Act renewals, dilapidations rent review, breaks etc.
* Disputes over covenants, easements (in particular rights to light)
* Adverse possession and boundary disputes
* Housing work – possession, notices etc.
* Electronic Communications Code disputes.
* Party Walls
* Misrepresentation claims
* A Solicitor / Associate of not less than 2 years PQE + gained within a strong regional or City firm
* Experience of all aspects of property litigation (or a mix of property and commercial litigation considered)
* Interest in and aptitude for business development
* Ability to demonstrate excellence in understanding of property litigation principles and to the delivery of valuable practical advice
We are committed to recruiting individuals on merits of suitability for each role, on the basis of qualifications and experience. All applications are treated fairly and equally regardless of sexual orientation, race, disability, religious beliefs and any other protected characteristic, ensuring that there are equal opportunities at all stages of the recruitment process.