4 months ago
37.5 hours per week
Hill Dickinson LLP is a leading and award-winning international commercial law firm with offices in Liverpool, Manchester, London, Leeds, Piraeus, Singapore, Monaco and Hong Kong. With more than 840 people including 175 partners and legal directors, the firm delivers advice and strategic guidance spanning the full legal spectrum, from non-contentious advisory and transactional work, to all forms of commercial litigation.
Hill Dickinson acts as a trusted adviser to a wide portfolio of clients across a wide range of specialist sectors: from transport and logistics and international trade, through to retail, insurance, marine, health, education, manufacturing, public sector and banking and financial services.
Job Title: Associate
Hours: 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday
Department: Health Litigation
Brief Job description
Our health litigation team is looking for an associate solicitor to join them to run a full caseload of clinical negligence claims for NHS Resolution (formerly NHS Litigation Authority), NHS Trusts and other defendant clinical negligence clients. We have recently been re-appointed to the NHS Resolution clinical Panel and also undertake work for the Medical Protection Society. This role will suit a motivated ambitious solicitor with experience of the health sector.
Duties may include but are not limited to:
To run a caseload of clinical negligence files to include:
* Drafting reports to the NHS Resolution
* Interviewing witnesses
* Drafting witness statements
* Instructing experts
* Instructing counsel
* Attend Court for Case Management Conferences and Application Hearings
* Negotiate settlements
* Hold conferences with Counsel
* Prepare for and attend trials and mediations
* Cover secondments to NHS Resolution and local hospital Trusts
* Assist colleagues in the running of higher value claims
* Draft articles for clients
* Cover free advice clinics at local hospital Trusts
* Give client training and presentations
* Supervising and coaching junior members of the team
* Law degree, or equivalent
* Defendant Clinical negligence experience at a NHSR Panel firm or MPS experience is essential
* Ability to work independently and as part of a growing team
* Demonstrates an understanding of clients’ needs/expectations
* Adheres to guidelines and client protocols/KPIs
* Proactive pragmatic approach with focus on quality
* Excellent attention to detail
* Excellent organisational and communication skills
* Demonstrate high level of IT skills to ensure compliance with client data security requirements
All successful candidates will be subject to our standard pre-employment screening, including a basic criminal record check via Disclosure Scotland. Any offer of employment made is conditional upon completion of all checks.
Due to the high response levels we receive for some vacancies, we may expire any of them prior to the advertised closing date and advise you to submit your application as soon as possible.
Hill Dickinson Values: Trust ~ Innovation ~ Collaborate ~ Respect